The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

• Frankie changed the title to The Summer 2020 Transfer Window: Rumours and Deals: Closes midnight!
55 minutes ago, MrGaryValentine said:

Going to be a loooooong day I think. I am more worried about losing players than bringing anyone in. I include Morelos in that, I would of sold him weeks ago but I don't think it would be sensible to do that today. 

I don’t want to sell Morelos at all but not sure why it’s such an issue to sell him today - fact is, we’ve already brought in his replacements in Roofe and Itten.  So it isn’t as if we then don’t have time to bring in a replacement when they are already here.

i love the wee man, but Roofe looks a better player to me in his short stint.  Mobile, knows where the bet is, brings others into play as well.  And I get the impression he also can work a back line.

id rather have both right enough

6 minutes ago, craig said:

I don’t want to sell Morelos at all but not sure why it’s such an issue to sell him today - fact is, we’ve already brought in his replacements in Roofe and Itten.  So it isn’t as if we then don’t have time to bring in a replacement when they are already here.

i love the wee man, but Roofe looks a better player to me in his short stint.  Mobile, knows where the bet is, brings others into play as well.  And I get the impression he also can work a back line.

id rather have both right enough

So does Leigh Griffiths! Sorry, just couldn't resist that!

35 minutes ago, craig said:

He does to me too, although I was never Morelos’s biggest fan. It’s major blow to have him injured already. 

Well, from what I can glean, and f w i w,  Zungu seems to be a go-er, on loan, it seems. 

It appears, also, that he can play either No 6, or No 8, and is a good passer. 

So if he has, or can add, goals to his game.....we will have signed the fitba' holy grail of defensive midfield striker. 

What's not to like?

We were prepared to pay a few million for Zungu a few months back so if we can get him on loan now for a substantially lower cost then it seems like a good deal.

Certainly a few journalists suggesting the deal is now looking very likely.

Nothing in terms of players leaving but a long time to go until midnight.