The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

If I was Gerrard, I’d invite him to train with us. None of us really know what his health and fitness is like right now, and if he’s still got a career left in him. 
If it was an either/or situation then he’s not the right call, too big a gamble. However, we’ve got our midfield target so if it’s a case of ‘and’ he’s worth a look, perhaps a deal til the end of the season, with option to extend that. 

• Frankie changed the title to The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

Is JW not a serious player, of vision and finesse, with a sprinkling of nastiness, around whom you could build a midfield to suit? A game changer, on his day?

I am aware that he has been bedevilled and brought down by injuries, and that there are whispers (at the least) about lifestyle issues. 

But....consider that he is 28, not old, and, curiously, about the same age as a player, whose background and baggage could be described very similarly, when he pitched up in Govan.

I refer, of course, to Gazza. Remember him?

I've was told a while ago that Wiltshire's lifestyle issues are fairly acute and injuries were used to cover up for lengthy absences caused by other reasons. The fact no one in England signed him tells its own story.  

6 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Is JW not a serious player, of vision and finesse, with a sprinkling of nastiness, around whom you could build a midfield to suit? A game changer, on his day?

I am aware that he has been bedevilled and brought down by injuries, and that there are whispers (at the least) about lifestyle issues. 

But....consider that he is 28, not old, and, curiously, about the same age as a player, whose background and baggage could be described very similarly, when he pitched up in Govan.

I refer, of course, to Gazza. Remember him?

I  get all the parallels to Gazza including the style of play but....Wilshere is nowhere near his class. But the pay and play idea is a good one. I'm sure there are some EPL clubs who would take a chance on him; if not, you must ask why?

18 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I  get all the parallels to Gazza including the style of play but....Wilshere is nowhere near his class. But the pay and play idea is a good one. I'm sure there are some EPL clubs who would take a chance on him; if not, you must ask why?

Gazza didn’t have fitness problems.

3 hours ago, JohnMc said:

I've was told a while ago that Wiltshire's lifestyle issues are fairly acute and injuries were used to cover up for lengthy absences caused by other reasons. The fact no one in England signed him tells its own story.  

West Ham signed him, remember, and he has been a free agent only since yesterday, or the day before. 

42 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I think that he is worth a look, if he is interested: 

Get him up to Auchenhowie, over the International Break; full medical, drugs tests, full training, 5/7-a-sides, bounce game versus St M, St Jo, Ayr, QoS, whomever, and if he comes through all that with flying colours, field him as A.Trialist at Piggery Place.