The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

24 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

His lifestyle would be a problem nowadays, esp re: fitness. 

He didn’t look fit but he could box to box puffing and blowinig no bother.

Don’t you remember the faux outrage over wife beating?

"I am still incredibly hungry, ambitious and desperate to play football and achieve success. I'm still only 28 and feel fit, strong and ready to play"  

Part of Jack Wilshere's statement on leaving West Ham yesterday. Sounds to me like he wants to prove the doubters wrong. I have no insight however to the allegations that part of the problem may be "lifestyle" driven. What I do believe is this is a very good midfielder, well schooled in his art who if not plagued by injuries would command large transfer fee and wage demands our club could not dream of matching in normal circumstances. If he is looking to make a fresh start and was interested in giving it a go for say, a season with us he would be well worth a punt. Sometimes players just need a refresh and new outlook. Who knows? Depending what Gerrard's evaluation is of him from their England days, it may be something they wish to explore. I'd certainly back it!:clap:

29 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I can’t believe we would sign him, he’ll end up spending more time with the doctors than on the pitch. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jack-wilshere/verletzungen/spieler/74223

Well, according to Wilshere himself those injury stats are incorrect.  May 31, 2020 to now is just over 4 months - Wilshere says he has been fully fit for 8 months.