The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

3 hours ago, craig said:

I'm offended ?  lol.  I've heard it all now.  I would say amused far more than offended.

Round and round and round we go.

I never posted anything and used it as if it were fact.  You did.  Just a couple off the top of my head is that losing Kent means we are weaker, without considering the possibility of a replacement who may be even better.  Then there was the catching up of Celtic by getting a crack at the CL, when in actual fact Scotland gets two slots in the CL next year so us obtaining the top spot doesnt mean they dont  get the same opportunity.  That's just off the top of my head.

How does that logic even work that replacing him with significantly less than the selling price gives you inferior quality ?  He is virtually the same player who we paid £6.5 million for.  Just because Leeds may be willing to pay £14 million doesnt mean that to get the same quality you need to spend the same amount.  That's naive logic.

I didnt say we would replace Kent with someone of similar quality - I said it COULD be done.  And therein lies the difference between you and me - you consider the incumbents to all be crucial, without any consideration that there may be other, better, more suitable alternatives out there and perhaps even cheaper.  Whereas I reserve judgement - Barcelona spent £130 million on Coutinho and yet Ansu Fati gets more game time than him, a La Masia graduate..... that's my point.  Players will come and they will go.  I am not going to put ANY of them on a perch when they can easily fall from it.

Aside from that i am not responding further because a) it takes away from what this thread is supposedly about and b) you have a need to have the last word and all your words do is, as I said, go round and round and round stating the same thing multiple ways.  Its tedious and tiresome.

You're not offended? LOL I've heard it all now. Because that's exactly how you come across with your complaints about your counter speculation being counter speculated. I detected no amusement. Do I need to qualify that as opinion not fact?

Round and round we go, putting your own interpretation on to my commentary which I never stated as fact. It's opinion, so if you grasp that from here on in perhaps you may not be so offended. Do I need to preface every opinion with this isn't a fact? Does everybody? Do you?

Do I need to post an opinion such as I don't think Kent can be adequately replaced for upcoming matches and then add but if there's a surprising turn of events he can be? I really need to do that? Do you do that? Does everybody do that when offering an opinion? Everyone is adding the opposite possibility? I don't see it.

He's virtually the same player as he was when he arrived? Is that a fact? Or is it your opinion? Which by the way I don't see you offering the alternative possibility that maybe he isn't. Another question might be that if you don't need to spend 14 million on equivalent quality why are Leeds doing it? Hard to attract equivalent quality to the EPL for 50K a week? Don't have a recruitment team who know as much about football as you do?

And if you're saying it COULD be done fair enough. I'm saying I don't believe that and you're providing no facts to prove otherwise. Aside from that if you find counter opinion to yours tedious I think it's a bad idea to come along directly quoting me don't you? It's pretty much inviting a response don't you think?

At this point I don't want to bring in a player then potentially wait a year for him to settle as we did for Barisic. And Barisic is class.  Do I need to say that's not a fact it's my opinion on Barisic? Yet couldn't immediately fit in. This isn't the time to be risking that outcome.

The manager wants Kent to stay. If the manager thought he could be instantly replaced with no detriment to the team for a lot less money i'm pretty confident he wouldn't be expressing concern that it could be taken out of his hands.

And I presume he offended you by not following up with but maybe he could be replaced for a lot less with no problems.

But hey, he hasn't won anything right? What does he know. 

On the Alfie front i'm disappointed it appears to be heading towards a less then cordial exit. He was key to our European success, he's earned the club a tidy profit. And incidentally all that's an opinion not a fact in case anyone is confused. And it would have been nice for him to leave with no rumours of bad feeling around.  Also an opinion.

Two newspapers (well rags - The Sun and Mail) running with Kent wanting to stay and furious at reports suggesting otherwise. But looks like Alfredo is away as club have agreed to sanction s "quick sale" (which may have an impact on what fee we accept for him).

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

Two newspapers (well rags - The Sun and Mail) running with Kent wanting to stay and furious at reports suggesting otherwise. But looks like Alfredo is away as club have agreed to sanction s "quick sale" (which may have an impact on what fee we accept for him).

Disappointed if we go for a quick sale but I'm not sure how much, if any, down side that might provide.  I think the time left in the transfer window indicates that we will be willing to wait this out for a little while longer - if his head is turned by Lille, what other clubs might come in for him if they think there is a decent chance of him moving this window?

Pure speculation either way, I just hope that, for once, we get something we can all agree is a good fee.

17 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I just hope that, for once, we get something we can all agree is a good fee.

Not going to happen. He is still valued well over £20m by lots of our fans. We are selling at a low point when we should have sold at a high point. 

19 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Not going to happen. He is still valued well over £20m by lots of our fans. We are selling at a low point when we should have sold at a high point. 

Lets see what transpires.  I'm still optimistic the club has a valuation in mind.

The Rangers manager wants Morelos out the door to whoever will take him. His value will have dropped unfortunately. Don’t think we’ll get anywhere near what we’d have got at the beginning of the year but we can only hope 

At the end of the day, he cost us 1m or the like, yet scored tons of goals and vital ones in Europe too, raking in more money along the way than many could have hoped for. Getting 15m or whatever will be 14m or whatever more than we paid for him. Just saying.

Edited by der Berliner