The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

Just now, Bill said:

You're probably right, I shouldn't have raised the point.

The proof of the pudding, and all that.

If he has a reputation for being disruptive,  difficult, divisive, etc. then we should not consider him.

I am not sure that he has a name like that. 

1 hour ago, Ted McMinnime said:

If we do sign him Jimmy Bell will have a field day with the letter pressing on the back of his shirt! Wiltshire, Willshire, Wilsheer, .... the possibilties are endless! ?

Is your last comment a reference to a certain Mr Barton? Will Jack leave with his coffee machine tucked under his arm in disgrace??

C'mon let's sign him be worth it to see the man in the white sannies grinding his teeth!?

Great post sir!:clap:

17 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

i expect lots of clubs are talking to Wiltshire we would be remiss not to be one of them. 

We've started already!

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

If he were signing for celtic, would we worry? No.

He would walk into their team.  Far better player than any of their midfielders.

I would much prefer Jack Wilshere at Rangers than Celtic.  A risk ?  Sure.  But we wouldnt be able to get someone of that quality without there being risks present.  On his day a sublime footballer.

One other thing that hasnt been mentioned with respect to Wilshere, which I think we all should acknowledge..... if we didnt have Gerrard as manager would Wilshere even consider us ?

We have had a few players now since Gerrard came in where you think "did we really sign him" - Defoe, Roofe, even Hagi.  Gerrard commands respect even in management.  Clearly we need him to win us silverware but WHEN that happens we could very much end up the dominant force in Scotland again with Celtic eyeing us enviously whilst they have Lennon snarling along..... "quietly terrified" indeed Graham Speirs...

5 minutes ago, craig said:

One other thing that hasnt been mentioned with respect to Wilshere, which I think we all should acknowledge..... if we didnt have Gerrard as manager would Wilshere even consider us ?

We have had a few players now since Gerrard came in where you think "did we really sign him" - Defoe, Roofe, even Hagi.  Gerrard commands respect even in management.  Clearly we need him to win us silverware but WHEN that happens we could very much end up the dominant force in Scotland again with Celtic eyeing us enviously whilst they have Lennon snarling along..... "quietly terrified" indeed Graham Speirs...

I think that is a great point. Part of the reason those players you mention are here is down to him. It is no secret that Gerrard was a great admirer of Wilshere. He is quoted in 2013 as saying he could win 100 caps with England. Now 7 years on and an injury strewn career since, we will just have to wait and see if he still feels he could offer us options!

Interestingly the first ex Celtic player to pour cold water on it? Step forward the legend that was Carlton Cole! Carlton states Wilshere won't be able to play on plastic pitches. Well Carlton, from what I recall from your time here, you couldn't play on grass ones either!?