The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Might be that someone from a nicer and warmer climate have come in for Hladky, methinks a German teamwere amongst those mentioned.

Also, possibly he wasn't very keen on the idea of playing second fiddle to McGregor.

Actually, there supposedly was interest from us and the Scum, he said he wanted to stay in Britain.

Interestingly enough, after all the discussions of these last few days, this morning I thought the next signing might be of this very category, i.e. some "no-name" where everyone's first thought would be "WTF"?!

Alas, another blinder played by the recruiting team.

Excellent signing. Couldn't ask for a better backup really. I felt we should give McCrorie a chance as backup, partly to reduce the wage bill a bit. But I'm happy with this. Defoe signing is great too.

52 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Gary Holt says no approach made for Dykes. If there is nothing in that at all he has been seriously on the wind up with his social media posts.

Maybe he has been naughty with social media but there again if interest is there perhaps Holt is playing along with Gers secrecy approach.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Won't get much game time and presumably a replacement for Wes/Jak Alnwick - but that's ok too.

We have McGregor, McLaughlin, Firth and McCrorie.  Probably not a huge salary (less than Wes anyway) which is a good thing.

I thought we were in for the St Mirren keeper

I’d have preferred the st mirren keeper. McLauchlin was awful last season for Sunderland 

I don't think Firth is really supposed to play for the first team: he's mainly used as a reserve and youth 'keeper, I think? (He played only when we were down to bare bones with injuries, and a sending off, if I remember correctly?) 

We then have McGregor as Number One, and we'd want McCrorie to go out on loan again to a Premiership side. So, McLaughlan looks to be the back-up and a fairly decent one, considering he's around the Scotland Squad. 

13 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think Firth is really supposed to play for the first team: he's mainly used as a reserve and youth 'keeper, I think? (He played only when we were down to bare bones with injuries, and a sending off, if I remember correctly?) 

We then have McGregor as Number One, and we'd want McCrorie to go out on loan again to a Premiership side. So, McLaughlan looks to be the back-up and a fairly decent one, considering he's around the Scotland Squad. 

Firth is there to make up the numbers in the training pretty much. He is not intended to ever play in a competitive match, at least not when the game is in the balance. 

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

Excellent signing. Couldn't ask for a better backup really. I felt we should give McCrorie a chance as backup, partly to reduce the wage bill a bit. But I'm happy with this. Defoe signing is great too.

I suspect that McCrorie will go back out on loan, possibly to Livvy again, particularly as he would be getting game time - no point in having the lad sit on the bench at Rangers if he is seen as the long term back-up to McGregor