The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’d have preferred the st mirren keeper. McLauchlin was awful last season for Sunderland 

We are unlikely to need to worry as he wont get much, if any, game time so long as McGrgeor stays fit. 

13 hours ago, craig said:

I suspect that McCrorie will go back out on loan, possibly to Livvy again, particularly as he would be getting game time - no point in having the lad sit on the bench at Rangers if he is seen as the long term back-up to McGregor

Yeh I guess so. Allowing him to go to Livi on loan could help smooth things over if there is anything in the Dykes link too.

McCorie is 22 its about time hes was given an extended run in the first eleven to see if he's up to it if not let the young man find another club who will give him a career. 

6 minutes ago, compo said:

McCorie is 22 its about time hes was given an extended run in the first eleven to see if he's up to it if not let the young man find another club who will give him a career. 

I'm pretty sure he is being primed to replace McGregor next season. In the meantime it makes sense for him to play every week in the league elsewhere. McGregor was about the same age when he broke into the team, around 23 I think.

1 hour ago, compo said:

He is a keeper - he has tons of time on his hands - he can get the same experience being with Livvy rather than us, on loan.  McGregor has a year or two left - McCrorie can go and prove himself to be McGregor's replacement elsewhere and, hopefully, helping take points off Celtic at the same time.

He won't depose McGregor because McGregor is still, IMO, the best keeper in the country

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I'm pretty sure he is being primed to replace McGregor next season. In the meantime it makes sense for him to play every week in the league elsewhere. McGregor was about the same age when he broke into the team, around 23 I think.

And McGregor had also gone the loan route - makes perfect sense.  Giving a young, fairly untested keeper game time, especially when not critical, could be a disaster, for both the player AND the club.

25 minutes ago, craig said:

And McGregor had also gone the loan route - makes perfect sense.  Giving a young, fairly untested keeper game time, especially when not critical, could be a disaster, for both the player AND the club.

I think it should be remembered McGregor never really established himself at Rangers until he was 24/25. 

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I think it should be remembered McGregor never really established himself at Rangers until he was 24/25. 

... "partly" due to some other goalies at the club at the time, some of legend-status.