The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

It surprises me how much we believe some of these reports on players leaving whilst lauding the club for the secrecy they have employed regarding transfers of late, and how when announced transfers seem to be nobody being mentioned...... why is it we have decided to believe media reports on outward transfers whilst ignoring what they say on inward transfers ?

19 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Judging from reports it's looking increasingly likely we may be losing Morelos for around 12 million or so. Can't be happy about that but it's an inevitability we all knew was going to come sometime.

12! When tierney goes for 25M and he's a wing back. Why are we such a soft touch?

3 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

12! When tierney goes for 25M and he's a wing back. Why are we such a soft touch?

A more pertinent question would be, why does anyone pay any attention to a football gossip site, particularly when someone like Stevie4LHAD has just rubbished it?

Edited by Gonzo79

31 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Football Insider, presuming that is where JFK got the info (might not have been) is notorious for being miles off - I wouldnt pay ANY mind at all to it - at 12 million I would imagine the club say "thanks but no thanks, we will just keep him for the season" as the 12 million wouldnt be good value compared to the goals and performances he brings (2st half of last season anyway...)

43 minutes ago, craig said:

Football Insider, presuming that is where JFK got the info (might not have been) is notorious for being miles off - I wouldnt pay ANY mind at all to it - at 12 million I would imagine the club say "thanks but no thanks, we will just keep him for the season" as the 12 million wouldnt be good value compared to the goals and performances he brings (2st half of last season anyway...)

I know of no football insider claims. This where I got it from.

Everton are interested in signing the Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos this summer.

According to Area Napoli (via Sportwitness), Carlo Ancelotti is focused on signing the Colombian striker.

https://sportslens.com/everton-keen-on-rangers-striker-alfredo-morelos/302671/

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

I would rather keep him than let him go for 12 million, because that wont provide an equivalent replacement. But if he's pushing for it then we're in a spot. 

Most of these football gossip sites are run by 12 year olds.

I'm glad the club is keeping transfer info in-house now.  We can largely ignore press speculation (never mind gossip site nonsense) and await official confirmation of comings and goings.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

A really really poor defender at that. Another dreadful display by him last night, dont understand why they are persevering with him, he just cannot defend at all. They must feel totally ripped off. Never mind he will be injured again soon!

But your main point is spot on, we always undersell and overbuy, while our rivals oversell (if you believe the figures quoted)