The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

Lazio may be a temptation for Morelos, and if they offered £20 million I expect the club would take it in the current environment. But I always suspected England was the preference of Morelos.

But even if that were the case if it were me no way I would turn down Lazio and the CL for a mid or lower end premiership side. If he could go there and prove himself in the CL the upper echelons in England would then be convinced. And he's still young enough to do all that.

Everton may use Moise Kean in a part-exchange deal for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos.

Rangers striker is touted to leave Ibrox this summer with Everton being one of the biggest suitors for the Colombian. Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has accepted that the striker will leave this summer and if Everton is the team who make the signing, Moise Kean may be used in a part-exchange deal.

The Colombian striker has been firing on all cylinders for Glasgow Rangers, scoring 29 goals and providing another 12 in 46 games this season. Alfredo Morelos is one of the hottest properties of the Scottish Premiership and has massively improved Rangers’ attack since his move to Scotland in 2017.

Everton and Lazio are said to be the top runners for the 24 year old and both the sides could prepare for a transfer war when the summer transfer window opens on 27th July. The Gers are braced for multiple bids across Europe for Alfredo Morelos. In fact, news reports also stated that any team could sign Morelos for as little as £12 million.

Everton are in the mix and could offer a deal that will be too hard to decline. Moise Kean has had a torrid start to life in England, suffering to get minutes at Goodison Park since his £22.5 million move from Juventus. Carlo Ancelotti has pressed from time to time that the 20 year old needs to remain patient and continue his improvement before he can present strong competition for a starting role.

We have to be patient with him. He has to work and improve. He has to work in technical areas and improve of course. He has to be better in finishing, he has to be better in controlling the ball and I think we have to be patient. When a player is young you need to be patient so that day by day he can show his quality, he can show his knowledge and he can improve his experience. (via Liverpool Echo)

In such circumstance, Everton may look to use him in a part-exchange deal for Alfredo Morelos. The high lands of Scotland have always proved to be a great learning curve for the majority of youngsters and the Toffees could send him on a loan deal to hone his skills.

According to Football Insider, Rangers too could ask for Moise Kean on a temporary basis. A loan move will be a clever option for all the entities involved. Moise Kean gets some much needed game time and can sharpen his skills at Ibrox.

The Merseysiders may manage to lower the economics of the deal by sending the Italian to the opposite side on loan. For Rangers, Steven Gerrard won’t have the immediate headache of finding a talented replacement for Morelos.

We have seen from Kean’s time at Juventus that he is capable of scoring a big number of goals but needs adequate time to develop skills that Everton has been demanding from him.

Meanwhile, Everton should move for Alfredo Morelos without any hesitation because a poacher like him can create goals out of nothing and is a regular threat to the opposition.

If the Toffees manage to sign Morelos, we could see Richarlison play out wide on the right and Dominic Calvert-Lewin forming a menacing partnership with Alfredo Morelos. All in all the idea to use Moise Kean as a makeweight in the deal will make it easier for Everton to convince Rangers.

https://princerupertstower.com/2020/07/22/everton-moise-kean-used-makeweight-attacker-swap-deal/

Just now, CammyF said:

Rumours are we've signed Leon Balogun on a free transfer from Wigan. Centre-half who's played in Germany, England and is a Nigerian internationalist. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Balogun

I hope not unless we are offloading as well. We have plenty of cover at CH, with Goldson, Katic, Big George, McCrory, Bassey, Mayo all for 2 spots. In fact even if we are selling one of the aforementioned, we still have plenty of cover in this area and any incomings should be in areas more needy.

Katic and Helander are injured.  Gerrard mentioned Mayo going out on loan.  Bassey doesn't look ready and McCrorie is also weak in central defence.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're bringing in another CD, as cover.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Katic and Helander are injured.  Gerrard mentioned Mayo going out on loan.  Bassey doesn't look ready and McCrorie is also weak in central defence.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're bringing in another CD, as cover.

Wouldn't surprise me if we sell Goldson either.

As a backup on a free, maybe he isn't the worst signing.  But surely this is the kind of situation where we keep Mayo and give him games, whilst allowing Helander to get fit.  Especially since the window doesn't close for a few months.