The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Katic and Helander are injured.  Gerrard mentioned Mayo going out on loan.  Bassey doesn't look ready and McCrorie is also weak in central defence.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're bringing in another CD, as cover.

And not forgetting Leon King.

16 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

A bid for Dykes may become increasingly likely if Defoe is going to be out for sometime. 

Livi looking for in the region of £2M for him. Will we bid at that price?

On 17/07/2020 at 02:39, ranger_syntax said:

That's what I thought. 

Couldn't believe it when I heard it.

I can only imagine that he was so poor for us that Liverpool realised nobody would ever loan him again.

And hopefully that signals the end of loan deals whether from L'pool or anywhere else. Unless it was Curtis Jones or Nico Williams.

The signings of McLauchlin & Balogun already look better signings than some of the signings made last summer many of whom only looked like squad players filling jerseys 

Both McLauchlin & Balogun will push strongly for a starting place. Those currently in the first choice starting XI need to be on their toes

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Livi looking for in the region of £2M for him. Will we bid at that price?

I'm not entirely sure I would bid that much, would depend on how badly the club wanted him and do they think there would be a return in both performance and sell on value. I also suspect that Livi may have allegedly turned down a bid of a million from Barnsley because Dykes may hav declined it. Might want to hang on for Rangers.

Barnsley just barely escaped relegation from the championship, finished 21st of 24 by a single point. What would yo want to do? Join a club fighting relegation from the championship or a high profile club fighting for trophies and competing in Europe?

EDIT: Something else I just found, Barnsley may still be relegated to league one "pending Wigan appeal"

Edited by JFK-1

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Alarm bells must be ringing regards Jermaine Defoe. Injured again. Just wonder if maybe age finally catching up on this once great player 

Yes, it would be a brave manager who relied on Defoe being available for a whole season.