The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

In Scotland we need to stop under valuing our players , we are mental at this , McKennas not worth this amount ,dykes  isn’t worth X amount , yet down south a player goes for the same amount in league one , yet in a season is worth 6 times , then a season in the championship is worth £20 million , we are our own worst enemies . 

8 hours ago, der Berliner said:

This bit of news has since been verified as rubbish, Ojo has a contract till 2023

Balogun will obviously become a hit at Ibrox, as he was born in BERLIN!

Has played almost as often as CH as he has as right-back, and so far 31 times for Nigeria, including the WC 2018.

Balogun stats

Hell yeah man. I hope this guy turns out to be a real find. God knows we needed another central defender with Katic and Fil 'brittle bones' Helander out. Me thinks this guy is gonna get a lot of playing time over the next two years. 

32 minutes ago, rbr said:

In Scotland we need to stop under valuing our players

The market values players.  

The same market that tells us what our political opinions should be.  

1 hour ago, rbr said:

In Scotland we need to stop under valuing our players , we are mental at this , McKennas not worth this amount ,dykes  isn’t worth X amount , yet down south a player goes for the same amount in league one , yet in a season is worth 6 times , then a season in the championship is worth £20 million , we are our own worst enemies . 

The reason players down south go for much higher fees than ours is because they play in better leagues than any of the SPFL leagues.  

1 hour ago, rbr said:

Agreed. Look at Andy Robertson. He went from Queens Park to Liverpool in 4 years and is now a CL winner, Premiership winner and is regarded as one of the best left back in he world.

16 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed. Look at Andy Robertson. He went from Queens Park to Liverpool in 4 years and is now a CL winner, Premiership winner and is regarded as one of the best left back in he world.

Did you know that the WC runners-up LB plays for Rangers ? ?

12 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

The reason players down south go for much higher fees than ours is because they play in better leagues than any of the SPFL leagues.  

Do they really though , how many players from the premiership , come up here and struggle , also it’s easier to play in a league where the pressure to win simply isn’t there .

Also I would argue the quality in the championship is that much higher than the SPFL .

20 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I think there’s a danger in reading too much into a major exception. I don’t think we undervalue our players, I think it’s far more common to overvalue them. If you asked most Rangers fans to value our players you would end up with a £100m starting 11 who were 10-13 points behind Celtic by March. 

Edited by DMAA