The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

15 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's definitely been done before. 

There is now a lot riding on the clubs agreeing a fee. 

Absolutely, just hoping the club get the fee we're happy with. These things never seem to come at a good time. 

I think this is for the best, as long as we get decent money. I do wonder sometimes if Alfies form in the first half of the season was his potential, or just a hot streak, suppose we'll find out when he eventually goes to a big league, which isn't France tbh.

Edited by Devil's advocaat

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

From what I van gather Lille have bid £14M we are holding out for £20M with a 15/20%sell on clause. Expect it to be settled at around £18M. 

2 players currently in EPL are expected to join up with us this week once the EPL season is completed and the Alfie deal is signed and sealed. 

Timing not ideal and it needs to be completed ASAP. Replacing Alfie isn't going to be as easy as many think.

However £15-£20M for a player we paid £1M for is brilliant business and the sort of business we need. 

To my mind, Alfie has been gone since the turn of the year. His form before shut down was sensational. I have watched all four friendlies this pre-season and he looks off it. He is contributing in link up play, but the venom in front of goal is not quite there. Yesterday against Coventry, he had opportunities for at least a double.

I think the manager has him gone too. My worry is we are six days from starting the season and Defoe's hamstring scan result is due tomorrow. We could be going into Pittodrie and Leverkusen without a recognised striker.

If Alfie is for the off, he goes with my every bon chance. He has been an excellent leader of the Rangers line.

2 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

If he goes then he goes 

We will move on 

As long as it is right for us 

It isn’t right for us. We’ve no fit striker for next Saturday & we’ll struggle to get anyone anywhere near as good as Morelos. Especially for the £1m we paid for him

I trust our scouts. We need a new striker and an attacking midfielder who walks into the starting 11 and this could give us that chance.  It is clear as day to me that there is a lack of quality behind the striker. 

Personally I’ve always believed Morelos is overrated by our fans. 12 goals in 26 in the league and no goals since December isn’t good enough and make no mistake about it, it cost us. Most of his 12 league goals came in very comfortable wins too.

I genuinely believe our scouts can find a player who will score more league goals. I don’t mean to downplay his achievements, but I do believe many very poor performances were overlooked because of his European exploits.