The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

20 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Not from the words in some of the posts giving him a lot of crticism.

Agree with rest of your post but he WILL be hard to replace IMO.

He will be, but not impossible.

Kemar Roofe would be an excellent signing. 

I don't trust that source at all, though. 

Saying that, his wiki page has him currently playing for "the famous Glasgow Rangers", so it must be close. :D 

36 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Not from the words in some of the posts giving him a lot of crticism.

Agree with rest of your post but he WILL be hard to replace IMO.

My attitude hasn’t changed, I’ve been consistent in saying he is overrated on this forum. He has been brilliant at times but overall it has made sense to cash in and strengthen the squad for some time. 

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Kemar Roofe would be an excellent signing. 

I don't trust that source at all, though. 

Saying that, his wiki page has him currently playing for "the famous Glasgow Rangers", so it must be close. :D 

I keep hearing people saying he would be brilliant. I have only seen his highlights reel but I don’t see it? He looks a natural winger and not a striker. His record isn’t inspiring either. Is he really hood enough?

17 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I keep hearing people saying he would be brilliant. I have only seen his highlights reel but I don’t see it? He looks a natural winger and not a striker. His record isn’t inspiring either. Is he really hood enough?

I suppose I wouldn't call him a goalscorer -- and, you're right, he does have a wingers game, in a way. His work-rate, movement off the ball, and on the ball is superb. (I'm obviously going on what I saw from Leeds Utd last season.)

I get the feeling SG wants a narrow front three, where they all chip in with goals -- where we're not necessarily relying on one man to get 25+. I think in a narrow front three, Roofe offers the movement and versatility. He can score a decent amount of goals. His record in Belgium is pretty good, so I presume he'd be more than able to cope with our league.

I'm not saying he's the missing piece, but he'd be a very good addition; strengthening the first-team.