The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

If he goes I would say two strikers are a definite requirement. We can't rely on Defoe who may have hit that spot where little niggles and strains will be commonplace and take time to heal. Dykes would appear a potential in the circumstances.

Knows the league, fast and physical, capable of creating disruption in packed penalty areas while Aribo dances his way into the mayhem.

30 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

Good luck to him. I hope he goes to the very top.

Yes I agree with those sentiments. Would only wish him my best. 

Taking a look at Lille though, I would have thought if he is aiming for the top this is a slightly strange move. Their squad is almost entirely made up of French players or French Africans apart from a couple of Eastern Europeans. No South American or even Spanish players. Club has won La Ligue once before. Little real European pedigree either, although I accept they have been in CL. Average home crowds less than 30 thousand. I think he could do better but maybe he's had enough of the Glasgow fishbowl! However, I somehow doubt he will get the adulation from a Lille crowd that matches anything near what he got at Ibrox!:rfc:

18 minutes ago, CammyF said:

French press reporting we are

opening talks with Bordeaux's Nigerian striker Josh Maja.

So the madness truly begins ?

Time to leave social media, mon brave. 

54 minutes ago, CammyF said:

French press reporting we are

opening talks with Bordeaux's Nigerian striker Josh Maja.

So the madness truly begins ?

According to French publication L'Equipe, via the Shields Gazette, Maja now takes home €65,000-a-week at Bordeaux, which equates to approximately £57,000.

Mmmm.