The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

35 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I like the profile of Maja: young, emerging talent, with a clear sell-on value.

From the clips I've seen there's two strikers there: the League One striker with Sunderland was quite raw, picking the ball up anywhere and running; and then with Bordeaux his goals have come from the penalty box. (I reckon at Sunderland he was played wide, whereas with Bordeaux he was a striker.)

The latter striker is more important to me, because he was in a packed box, getting on the end of crosses by creating that wee bit of space for himself. He certainly looks like he has the athleticism to deal with our game, but he's perhaps not got the finesse, yet. 

He's not prolific, but to be fair, he was too young at Sunderland and is not starting every game at Bordeaux.   

He looks promising from the clips on Youtube. However he just seems out of our budget both in terms of fee and wages. 

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

He looks promising from the clips on Youtube. However he just seems out of our budget both in terms of fee and wages. 

Possibly, yes. 

However, as a baseline, Tranfermrkt has him valued at around £6M, which is not outwith the realms of possibility. (OK-- you have to take those valuations with a huge chunk of salt.) I thought Kent and Hagi were out of our budget at the time.  

46 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Possibly, yes. 

However, as a baseline, Tranfermrkt has him valued at around £6M, which is not outwith the realms of possibility. (OK-- you have to take those valuations with a huge chunk of salt.) I thought Kent and Hagi were out of our budget at the time.  

No. You just have to understand that TM does not know what clubs may want for a price asset and what clubs are willing to pay. Their "valuation" is merely a benchmarkt to see what other e.g. strikers of similar "value" are out and about in Europe.

14 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Andre Gray on loan from Watford, we hear. Not an unimpeachable source, but allegedly the player is keen. 

Heard similar, the Andre Grey on his Burnley form would be excellent, don't think he showed this at Watford? Destroyed us in a pre-season friendly 3 or 4 years ago? 

As a back up I'd be delighted. As our #1 main striker, less so. 

38 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Heard similar, the Andre Grey on his Burnley form would be excellent, don't think he showed this at Watford? Destroyed us in a pre-season friendly 3 or 4 years ago? 

As a back up I'd be delighted. As our #1 main striker, less so. 

It is suggested that Gray's arrival would not be dependent upon Freddo's departure. 

A quick Google search 

Josh Maja 23 goals in his last 70 games

Isaac Atanga 7 goals in his last 26 games 

Andre Gray 14 goals in his last 84 games 

Not exactly mouthwatering