The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

23 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I don't see how Ferguson would improve on what we already have? mind you I said the same about Jack!

Only thing is he might be competing for Jack's position. Someone mentioned Greg Docherty but he plays slightly differently I think. I also think Ferguson would have the mentality to play for us - he generally played well against us.

4 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Yep. An Albertz to frighten them.

Even a pit bull like Stuart McCall to nip at everyone.

Kamara should bulk up and Jack can put it about. But agreed, no 6ft monster.

We do have Kent who will smack a few if needed ?

We talking about football or WWF? ?

18 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Only thing is he might be competing for Jack's position. Someone mentioned Greg Docherty but he plays slightly differently I think. I also think Ferguson would have the mentality to play for us - he generally played well against us.

The way players play aggressively against us will not be allowed to play that aggressive for us though! we have seen that for a few seasons now.

I just can't see who Fergusson will replace in our midfield??. I'd much rather bleed our youth players, unless we buy the accomplished player which he isn't then it would be a waste of cash, IMO.

The signing of Hagi is a no brainer under normal circumstances.  It represents excellent value for money and the high likelihood of a large profit at some point.  I found myself reading this news and yet not being as pleased as I would normally be.  The reason is that I've still got this deep rooted fear of the impact that this lockdown is having (and will continue to have) on the financial stability of our club.

It would appear that despite overwhelming evidence that this lockdown was completely unnecessary, and in fact more damaging than the 'disease' itself, our government (and others) seems determined to persist with it.  The consistent message is that social distancing will be a part of our lives for a long time, and "possibly for years" (according to some government advisers).

If that is the case, what is the club doing to ensure its long term future?  Does the board know something about the government's plans that I don't?  Season tickets are out as normal and yet we don't know if any of us will be able to attend any matches.  I still don't see any liaising with fans regarding contingency plans for next season.  It is similar to the approach taken by the airlines.  Despite no prospect of the majority of flights ever taking off, the airlines continued to sell tickets.  Customers continued (and still continue) to buy tickets, assuming that if the tickets were for sale that somehow their flight must be running.  As each flight was cancelled, those customers then attempted to reclaim their money, only to be told that it would take months for a refund.  Why did the airlines do this?  Because they still need the money, and it's worth incurring letters and emails from thousands of complaining customers to ensure their financial stability - for now.  Is this Rangers' tactic too?

I am desperate for our club to get 55, but until I get a sense of comfort that the board is planning for a season without fans (and the financial consequence of that) I cannot get excited about signings or any other onfield activities.

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

The signing of Hagi is a no brainer under normal circumstances.  It represents excellent value for money and the high likelihood of a large profit at some point.  I found myself reading this news and yet not being as pleased as I would normally be.  The reason is that I've still got this deep rooted fear of the impact that this lockdown is having (and will continue to have) on the financial stability of our club.

It would appear that despite overwhelming evidence that this lockdown was completely unnecessary, and in fact more damaging than the 'disease' itself, our government (and others) seems determined to persist with it.  The consistent message is that social distancing will be a part of our lives for a long time, and "possibly for years" (according to some government advisers).

If that is the case, what is the club doing to ensure its long term future?  Does the board know something about the government's plans that I don't?  Season tickets are out as normal and yet we don't know if any of us will be able to attend any matches.  I still don't see any liaising with fans regarding contingency plans for next season.  It is similar to the approach taken by the airlines.  Despite no prospect of the majority of flights ever taking off, the airlines continued to sell tickets.  Customers continued (and still continue) to buy tickets, assuming that if the tickets were for sale that somehow their flight must be running.  As each flight was cancelled, those customers then attempted to reclaim their money, only to be told that it would take months for a refund.  Why did the airlines do this?  Because they still need the money, and it's worth incurring letters and emails from thousands of complaining customers to ensure their financial stability - for now.  Is this Rangers' tactic too?

I am desperate for our club to get 55, but until I get a sense of comfort that the board is planning for a season without fans (and the financial consequence of that) I cannot get excited about signings or any other onfield activities.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. Are we in any worse position than any other UK club - or for that matter in the world? Wait and see is all we can do right now. Would you want your children to return to school if you were not sure if it was totally safe?

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I'm the opposite of this to be honest.  I completely get why you would feel nervous given what we have had to endure over the last number of years.  However, at this point the club has had 2 months to get its arms around the situation and, whilst they cant predict the future with certainty, I have the confidence that we have the right people in the right places to be able to do scenario analysis to determine what the most likely outcome is - the fact that letter that went to "VIP's" stating they would only pay for games they have been at shows, to me at least, that the club have already considered the possibility of significantly reduced revenues.

The fact we are still signing Hagi despite the current uncertainty actually gives me confidence, albeit guarded.  It appears to me that we are looking to the future - at £3 million this kid represents fantastic value - better value than Ryan Kent - half the price and with significant potential.  That said, having both Hagi and Kent running at you.... and the possibility of a rejuvenated Jones or even Stewart, has the potential to be frightening.

If it's true he's costing £3m over 3 years, we've just brought in a player who walks into our first team for an outlay of only £1m in this window which is outstanding business.

The Covid impact is a worry. The status quo suits Celtic. We do need to be able to spend some more.