The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

13 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Shoe on other foot time. Say our boy McCrorie, who is on loan to Livi, gives his first interview with the club paper...The Pasta Press (I made that up...haha!) and he says the following;

“My second game for Rangers was against Livi at Tony Macaroni, and after the game, I told my agent immediately my dream would be to play in this stadium in front of these fans as they are the best fans in the world – the support is massive.”

Rangers fans would lose their GD minds...every Rangers fan would be calling the guy's head on a pike...and rightfully so.

You want that kinda guy around? Not me. Neither does SG...Bet.

I’d be absolutely certain that SG couldn’t give two shits for the scenario you painted if the player in question was performing better than everyone else each week.

Loyalty in football is pretty much dead.  Has been for years.

13 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

There can be no disputing that Kamberi took a crafty swipe at hubz in an attempt to make it impossible to return there and to get a foot in the door at Rangers. But I can't find it in myself to slate him for that. And I doubt that would be a factor for Stevie G in any decision to sign or not sign him.

Well, we see things different. That's a punk move in my book. You don't bite the hand that feeds you, and you don't associate with rats who do...cause if you do...you're next in line...you can bet on that. 

Leaders do not respect rats. I might not be the biggest SG fan, tactically, but I can tell you one thing...that guy is a leader. 

13 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Can you imagine anything better than an endless debate about re-signing a former Rangers player?

How about an endless debate about re-signing two former Rangers players?

Add Josh Windass to Kamberi plz.

Add Charlie Adam as a 3-for-2 

Lifted from FF:

Jordan Jones has been told he can leave Rangers.

Steven Gerrard has informed the Northern Ireland international that he is not in his first-team plans.

The Rangers boss has told the 25-year-old they won’t stand in his way if he can get a move this summer.

Gerrard signed Jones from Kilmarnock on a free transfer last summer but he has struggled to make an impact under him.

Jones has been on the Ibrox fringes since he got sent off for a wild lunge against Celtic back in September, which left him with a serious knee injury.

He came back at the end of the season but struggled for game time and was made available for loan in January, although nobody could agree a deal with the Ibrox giants.

Jones, who still has two years left on his Ibrox contract, worked hard during the lockdown to keep himself in top shape to get back into Gerrard’s first-team plans.

He was involved in some of the early pre-season games but was put down to the B team for their recent friendly with Dundee United.

Jones then went to speak to Gerrard where he was told he is not part of his top-team plans.

A number of Championship clubs, including Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Stoke City, are all interested but they are unlikely to do any early business with their campaigns just finished.

24 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Jordan Jones has been told he can leave Rangers.

Credit to him for two good assists in Europe but it was a strange signing from the start. A winger who excels on the counter attack signed for a system that doesn’t play wingers and plays against packed defences.  

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Credit to him for two good assists in Europe but it was a strange signing from the start. A winger who excels on the counter attack signed for a system that doesn’t play wingers and plays against packed defences.  

To be fair , we have a long record of signing players who play if a specific position , then expect them to excel in a completely different formation , Boli springs to mind 

Not surprised at all, would be more surprised/disappointed if I heard SG saying he wanted him to stay. Proved he didnt have what it takes when he got himself sent off against the bheasts, it was stupid, reckless and it cost him any chance he had of a long Rangers career. 

Good luck to him wherever he lands, and I agree with others who say it was a strange signing given his main strength is using his pace in a counter-attack, which was discussed plenty here when his pre-contract signing was announced, so it makes you wonder if mere customers like us can see it why our scouts/management didnt take this into account before wasting a good contract on someone who was never likely to be a success.