The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

Nsame was one of the players I noted above on the Golden Boot list (good goalscorers from lesser leagues), but I assumed he would cost too much. He has 30 goals in 30 league games; 36 in 41 all in. 

Obviously, the source is unreliable. 

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Nsame was one of the players I noted above on the Golden Boot list (good goalscorers from lesser leagues), but I assumed he would cost too much. He has 30 goals in 30 league games; 36 in 41 all in. 

Obviously, the source is unreliable. 

If it is correct that he has 36 in 41 in the Swiss league he is exactly the type we should be looking at. If it is 30 in 71 then obviously that is not at all impressive, and we would be best looking elsewhere.

You would think that something as matter of fact as goals scored and appearances would be an easy stat for any journalist to get right with some basic research, or do journos not do research anymore.

58 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

If it is correct that he has 36 in 41 in the Swiss league he is exactly the type we should be looking at. If it is 30 in 71 then obviously that is not at all impressive, and we would be best looking elsewhere.

You would think that something as matter of fact as goals scored and appearances would be an easy stat for any journalist to get right with some basic research, or do journos not do research anymore.

It's 30 league goals in 30 league games with 3 assists. Picked up 5 yellow cards and 1 straight red in those 30 games.

Swiss cup 3 games producing 4 goals and 1 assist.

CL qualifying 2 games 0 goals with 1 assist and 1 yellow card.

Europa league 6 games producing 2 goals 0 assists, 1 yellow card.

That's a total of 41 games with 36 goals and 5 assists. Played a total of 3,349 minutes averaging a goal every 93 minutes.

21 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It's 30 league goals in 30 league games with 3 assists. Picked up 5 yellow cards and 1 straight red in those 30 games.

Swiss cup 3 games producing 4 goals and 1 assist.

CL qualifying 2 games 0 goals with 1 assist and 1 yellow card.

Europa league 6 games producing 2 goals 0 assists, 1 yellow card.

That's a total of 41 games with 36 goals and 5 assists. Played a total of 3,349 minutes averaging a goal every 93 minutes.

That’s mightily impressive in a league that is probably of similar quality to our own.

1 minute ago, Tannochsidebear said:

That’s mightily impressive in a league that is probably of similar quality to our own.

Probably is somewhat similar, has a 10 team top league to our 12. Their 10 team league valued at around £40 million more than our 12 team league.

We need someone who can provide the bread and butter league goals and his domestic tally beats Alfie. But he doesn't seem so potent in Europe as Alfie is.

Regarding Jordan Jones the gaffer said ...

“I am looking to strengthen in the forward area, but in terms of Jordan, he has come back, trained hard and been focused,” he said.

“I don’t know where that noise has come from, but it certainly hasn’t come from our side. Jordan just needs to keep his head down and keep on working hard. What will be, will be.”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18621720.steven-gerrard-jordan-jones-future-ibrox-rangers-interest-bongani-zungu-hopes-joe-aribo/

14 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

13 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Yes, it is. I only found 3 players that looked viable in a 40-man list of top goalscorers in Europe. It's not easy to find goalscorers like that. 

I'm not sure we'd be able to afford him, though.

I'd say the average outgoing transfer fees from Swiss Clubs is around £8-9 Million.  

9 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Regarding Jordan Jones the gaffer said ...

“I am looking to strengthen in the forward area, but in terms of Jordan, he has come back, trained hard and been focused,” he said.

I don’t know where that noise has come from, but it certainly hasn’t come from our side. Jordan just needs to keep his head down and keep on working hard. What will be, will be.”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18621720.steven-gerrard-jordan-jones-future-ibrox-rangers-interest-bongani-zungu-hopes-joe-aribo/

*cough* @craig *cough*

The South African boy is obviously just about done , the others will depend on Alfie and the price , I’m actually delighted we have stood our ground on him and the price we want , hopefully West Brom sniffing about will sober Lille’s attitude up and speed it up a bit .