The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

But SG specifically mentioned clauses in players contracts. 

What interview was that because I can’t find him mention it anywhere , he mentions meeting the clubs valuations but not contractual clauses , they are completely different things .

58 minutes ago, rbr said:

What interview was that because I can’t find him mention it anywhere , he mentions meeting the clubs valuations but not contractual clauses , they are completely different things .

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/steven-gerrard-makes-ryan-kent-admission-leeds-uniteds-pursuit-rangers-winger-2950425

28 minutes ago, CammyF said:

There’s no mention of any release clause in that interview , there’s only the mention if Leeds meet Rangers valuation , same as any player . I’m not splitting hairs but you are reading 2 plus 2 and getting 50

11 minutes ago, rbr said:

There’s no mention of any release clause in that interview , there’s only the mention if Leeds meet Rangers valuation , same as any player . I’m not splitting hairs but you are reading 2 plus 2 and getting 50

Really? If no release clause then why not say so when asked if there was one? He danced the tango around the question for obvious reasons.

Edited by CammyF

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Really? If no release clause then why not say so when asked if there was one? He danced the tango around the question for obvious reasons.

Why should he , in fact why should he discuss any players contract .If a team wants any of our players , bid for them or enter negotiations , don’t go via the Yorkshire post , just my opinion .

1 hour ago, rbr said:

Why should he , in fact why should he discuss any players contract .If a team wants any of our players , bid for them or enter negotiations , don’t go via the Yorkshire post , just my opinion .

It wasn't via Yorkshire Post, it was Glasgow Times who asked the question at Fridays Press Conference. Not asking him to discuss his contract but the way Gerrard danced around the question tells you there is s release clause. I'm not surprised as most players will have one in their contract. 

Leeds are doing nothing wrong, they bid £10M, we (rightly) knocked it back. Looks like they'll come back with an improved offer, which is their prerogative. Whether we accept is another stroy, but if Kent has a release clause, as soon as it's matched, we are out of control of the situation. 

We'll need to agree to disagree on this.

For the record, I hope Kent stays and I believe that he will even if Leeds up there offer. 

Even if there were a release clause which were matched it would still come down to Kent himself. He's a young guy, still only 23, he has years ahead to make the big money and I suspect he is in the meantime coping perfectly well on 25K a week. It can't be all about money for someone who is already wealthy and has so much time to become even wealthier.

Does he want to be playing in a side competing in Europe and challenging for honours? Or a side who are as likely as not to be in a relegation dogfight challenging for nothing but a spot outside the bottom 3? He was not just happy but determined to be at Rangers a year ago when he had the chance to be at Leeds.

Leeds will not be challenging for titles, cups, or a place in Europe. And Kent will have ample opportunity to make a big money move  a year or two down the line. Perhaps even to a side a rank above Leeds if he continues his early season form and carries it into Europe.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Even if there were a release clause which were matched it would still come down to Kent himself. He's a young guy, still only 23, he has years ahead to make the big money and I suspect he is in the meantime coping perfectly well on 25K a week. It can't be all about money for someone who is already wealthy and has so much time to become even wealthier.

Does he want to be playing in a side competing in Europe and challenging for honours? Or a side who are as likely as not to be in a relegation dogfight challenging for nothing but a spot outside the bottom 3? He was not just happy but determined to be at Rangers a year ago when he had the chance to be at Leeds.

Leeds will not be challenging for titles, cups, or a place in Europe. And Kent will have ample opportunity to make a big money move  a year or two down the line. Perhaps even to a side a rank above Leeds if he continues his early season form and carries it into Europe.

Dude...I am reading stuff about 14M...that kinda scratch is hard to say no to. If they are offering that kinda money...yeah.