The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

43 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

No I dont think we will have but we'll more than likely remain in second place in that case

... well, various factors come into play there, not just money for players. Using the squad and applying different tactics for different opposition would be essential too.

Good OP with good content.

If we had a match tomorrow Id like to see our team and where need fixes. For me any signing has to be a starter rather than squad players.

At the back Helandar will be key. I wonder if we need a new partner for him and if the Skrtel rumour arises again for a season. I like Katic but seems he could move on.

Id like to see Aribo play further forward.

Davis is still class but does he have 38 games in him? Its either him or Kamara.

Arfield seems to be a SG favourite. Even when he was struggling he wouldnt get dropped. He doesnt offer enough creation for me.

If we had a game tomorrow this is what Id have. Yet as a previous post says, how many of these will actually still be with us.

McGregor

Tavernier Katic Helandar Barasic

Kamara Jack

Aribo Hagi Kent

Morelos

Saido Berahino and Manuel Benson in Rangers transfer link as Ibrox side 'exploring' attacking duo

The pair have been connected with the Ibrox side hours after Ianis Hagi agreed a return to Glasgow.

Rangers are keen on Saido Berahino and Manuel Benson - according to a report from Belgium.

VoetbalNieuws claim the pair are high on sporting director Ross Wilson 's signing radar as the Ibrox side look to strengthen their squad and deny rivals Celtic 10 In A Row.

Both currently star in the Belgian First Division and the link comes hours after Rangers put the finishing touches on a £4m deal to secure Ianis Hagi from Genk.

Forgotten man Berahino rejuvenated his career last season with Zulte Waregem after a wretched spell at Stoke City.

The 26-year-old was an England U21 regular before his career hit the skids following his exit from West Brom.

But a deal to land Benson would be more challenging, however, with his boss Ivan Leko desperate for him to remain at Royal Antwerp for the 20/21 season.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/saido-berahino-manuel-benson-rangers-22093076

Berahino is only 26? Thought he was more like 36. Benson Manuel is a right winger, with quite a lengthy contract still going.

Saido Berahino on TM

Benson Manuel on TM

Berahino is, or was, a top talent, but his mental state and work ethic is worrying. If we're getting that, then it's not a good move.

However, I did read somewhere that he was looking to almost rededicate himself to the game, so he may have matured.

In top form he's certainly good enough for this league, and EU competition, IMO, but who knows what we'd actually get? 

13 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Saturday afternoon on BBC Radio Scotland, Stuart Cosgrove said :

"ahm hearing reports this week of Rangers signing Hagi for £5 million, given the current state of Scottish football, every aspect of that deal is wrong".

The key word being, "every".

A young exciting talent arrives at a Scottish football club and EVERY aspect is wrong? 

1 hour ago, Gribz said:

McGregor

Tavernier Katic Helandar Barasic

Kamara Jack

Aribo Hagi Kent

Morelos

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

McGregor

Edmundson - Helander - Katic

Jack

Stewart - Aribo - Hagi - Jones

Morelos - Kamberi

Both selections are lightweight in midfield and attack. That’s not the fault of either selector. There are no cruiserweights on the books.