The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

It looks like Florin Kamberi is on his way out of Hibs and he is or them are  seemingly in talks with another club. Burned his bridges at Hibs when he joined us on loan and will most likely not play for them again.

Was always a good option from the bench and I would have loved seeing him and another striker up front.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

It looks like Florin Kamberi is on his way out of Hibs and he is or them are  seemingly in talks with another club. Burned his bridges at Hibs when he joined us on loan and will most likely not play for them again.

Was always a good option from the bench and I would have loved seeing him and another striker up front.

Which club are hibz in talks with ? Rangers maybe ? If so i’d expect some sort of swap deal.Murphy maybe?

14 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Which club are hibz in talks with ? Rangers maybe ? If so i’d expect some sort of swap deal.Murphy maybe?

I expect that if it was us, the mhedia would have squeezed that out of Hibs.

Murphy ... nope. If we get him back fit, he'll be a valuable left-sided attacker who can shoot. It should be between him and Jones for left-wing, Kent should play through the leftish-middle.

EDIT: Just checked ... when he got back to fitness, he played 10 (5 as centre forward) games in League One, scoring 7 (4) goals and assisting 2 (2). Not the greatest standard, but not bad either.

Edited by der Berliner

1 hour ago, Briton said:

We should never have extended his contract.

All Davis was doing in the last few games was playing 10 yards passes.

No influence whatsoever.  A player winding down his career if ever I saw one.

Just now, RANGERRAB said:

All Davis was doing in the last few games was playing 10 yards passes.

No influence whatsoever.  A player winding down his career if ever I saw one.

... and here was me thinking I saw him run box-to-box time and again chasing people ...  while other, younger players gave up or just looked on. Our main problem was that those who were supposedly our front-line faltered the longer the season went on.

In any case, his experience will help the younger guys off the field too.

Davis epitomises our current squad - he can look a first class player for a few matches but then he'll have a few games where he does very little.

We need players who can play consistently well if we want to stop Separate Entity FC from winning 9.75 in a row.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Davis epitomises our current squad - he can look a first class player for a few matches but then he'll have a few games where he does very little.

We need players who can play consistently well if we want to stop Separate Entity FC from winning 9.75 in a row.

I do agree with a lot there. What bothered me more than  the odd player having an off-time is that while we have the squad, we rarely use it to its full capacity and/or adapt to the opposition at hand.

Meanwhile, the FourLads-Blog has a new article that also covers the transfer activity ...

https://fourladshadadream.blog/2020/05/27/a-look-back-as-hagi-arrives-and-Rangers-return-now-in-sight/

Some whispers on FF (from " a very good source") that we are in talks with Ivan Toney / Peterborough United, 24-year old striker who has a year left on his contract.

Likewise, some quiet whispers that we may still move for Florin Kamberi (remember, he did cost Hibs just 100k).