The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

48 minutes ago, The Tin Man said:

Thete is now a full blown on going spat between Rangers Twitter and something called KPop Twitter that seems to have erupted over the use of the word Dykes. 2020 gets weirder by the fucking minute!

That's xactly the right term for anything that has to do with K-Pop ...

21 hours ago, BB_89 said:

Dykes has started following all our players and staff on social media. 

Also noticed Alfredo on social media - he doesn't mention us in the bio and wearing his national shirt in the display pics has that always been the case?

Interesting. I've always said I think Dykes looks very good. It is rare for a player with his physique to have the technical ability like he does. 

Livingstone will be under serious financial pressure, if this is true we may have swooped in at just the right time and picked him up for less than we otherwise would have.

Lyndon Dykes is very different to Morelos. Morelos is a physical presence too, but all about his goals really. He is a good goalscorer but I have always said his link up play is poor, he doesn't create goals for others. Lyndon Dykes' goalscoring record is far from prolific, but his assist record is excellent. He is better on the ball than Morelos, very good at dribbling and passing, and this shows in his assists numbers. Dykes has 5 assists in the league to Morelos's 1 (BBC stats), despite playing for Livingston who scored far less than us. At QoS, he got at least 10 league assists in his last 2 seasons (at a young age). Dobbie's goals dried up without Dykes.

So alongside goalscoring attacking midfielders I think Dykes could be excellent. A modern target man, able to hold up the ball well and set up the attacking midfielders. Unfortunately we don't have the players for this yet. We are set up for a goalscoring striker. Kent will never be a goalscorer and Aribo isn't really either. Hagi, Murphy and Stewart are goalscoring attacking midfielders but only Hagi can really expect to start. So if this one pans out, it will be interesting to see if we do add a different kind of attacking midfielder.

Every player we sign from here on has to offer us options , the last few years we have had far too many players that were identical , whether it’s starting or from the bench .

plus our biggest need is a goal threat from midfield , as already stated , we matched them defensively and up front , but lacked goals from midfield .

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Dykes wouldn’t score anywhere near the number of goals as Morelos.

Well he almost scored as many league goals as him last season playing in a far inferior team who scored far less (Morelos 12, Dykes 9). I think he would score plenty, although if Morelos left Dykes wouldn't be a direct replacement.

No way Dykes is a replacement for Morelos. But in an ideal scenario Morelos stays and Dykes becomes an option. He did okay with Livi, you have to imagine he could do even better in a far superior attacking side.

Would be interesting to see him and Morelos together bouncing a defence all over the place. Would have to be guaranteed to create mayhem opening up space and chances both for each other and for others.

58 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Well he almost scored as many league goals as him last season playing in a far inferior team who scored far less (Morelos 12, Dykes 9). I think he would score plenty, although if Morelos left Dykes wouldn't be a direct replacement.

the goals comparison is too simplistic though - teams line up against us in a much, much more defensive fashion than they do Livingston.  Morelos is considered out main threat and double teamed constantly - Dykes might be Livvy's main threat too but teams would have a go at Livingston far more frequently than they do us.  Would Dykes have more space in the final third playing for Rangers or Livvy - I think we all know the answer to that.

That doesn't mean I don't think he would be a good signing - just offering balance to the goals comparison.