The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

9 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

He can also do far better than Leeds. Could play for anyone 

Correct.  Last year top Serie A sides were interested and, I assume, still will be.

£8m is nowhere near his value.

I like Borna and he's developed into a more influential player over the last 12 months, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to selling him. He's had a funny career. He had a 'big' move from Osijek to Zagreb earlier in his career and it didn't work out for him, he barely played for them. He stepped back to his home town club, Osijek, again and caught our eye in the matches against us in Europe. He looked really good and I was delighted when we bought him. But he struggled to make an impression at first, perhaps the change of country, language and culture coupled with injuries but it was really last season before he became a first choice. It wasn't that long ago people were suggesting Flanagan or even Halliday start before him. £8 million is a decent profit on him too, he's 27 and in his prime so if we could get £10 million to be honest I'd take it. Surely we can find another left back good enough for the SPFL for a quarter of that. 

Snatched from FF:

A czech news outlet iz.sport are linking us with a move for Patrik Hrosovsky we were linked with him earlier on in the window he's probably the best midfielder we've been linked with imo. He's played with hagi at gent we want the loan to buy option while they want us to but him straight away for 3.5 million

3 hours ago, JohnMc said:

I like Borna and he's developed into a more influential player over the last 12 months, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to selling him. He's had a funny career. He had a 'big' move from Osijek to Zagreb earlier in his career and it didn't work out for him, he barely played for them. He stepped back to his home town club, Osijek, again and caught our eye in the matches against us in Europe. He looked really good and I was delighted when we bought him. But he struggled to make an impression at first, perhaps the change of country, language and culture coupled with injuries but it was really last season before he became a first choice. It wasn't that long ago people were suggesting Flanagan or even Halliday start before him. £8 million is a decent profit on him too, he's 27 and in his prime so if we could get £10 million to be honest I'd take it. Surely we can find another left back good enough for the SPFL for a quarter of that. 

At £10 million you’re AT LEAST 50% off his real value.  I personally wouldn’t even sell him for the £20 million.  He’s absolutely vital to our potential for success this season.

£8 million IS decent profit but we need to stop this notion of “decent profit” and look at a player’s true value.  He’s been not only the best full back in our league but a top performer in the Europa for the last two seasons.

When Man City are paying something like £50 million for Mendy then we shouldn’t be accepting anything less than half that for Barišić, IMO

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Snatched from FF:

A czech news outlet iz.sport are linking us with a move for Patrik Hrosovsky we were linked with him earlier on in the window he's probably the best midfielder we've been linked with imo. He's played with hagi at gent we want the loan to buy option while they want us to but him straight away for 3.5 million

Why do Gent seem to be selling so many players? 

Rangers keeping tabs on Israel's Dan Glazer

Exclusive by James Cairney @JamesCairneyHT Testing

Sports Writer

Rangers are among the teams interested in Maccabi Tel Aviv midfielder Dan Glazer, Herald and Times Sport understands.

Sources in Israel say that a number of English Championship sides are keeping tabs on the 23-year-old midfielder, with the Ibrox club also linked with a move for the Israel internationalist.

Glazer has been capped seven times for his country and is in the Israel squad ahead of Friday night's Nations League fixture at Hampden, and has played in both of his club's Champions League qualifiers this season.

The defensive midfielder came through the youth ranks at Maccabi Tel Aviv and had spells out on loan at Beitar Tel Aviv Ramla and Maccabi Netanya in his homeland before breaking into the starting XI.

Glazer made 36 appearances in all competitions for Maccabi Tel Aviv in the 2018/19 season and featured in 38 games last term.