Possible SPFL start date?

3 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

No doubt with Liewell lurking in the background.

The sooner Doncaster & Maxwell are removed from their positions the better. That’s why I want hearts to take the SPFL to court 

Edited by RANGERRAB

We’re due to play yahoos away first OF game next season in August. If so likely game will be behind closed doors.

ls this why Liewell desperate to get fixtures out ? Will yahoos try & cancel & arrange a friendly?

7 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

We’re due to play yahoos away first OF game next season in August. If so likely game will be behind closed doors.

ls this why Liewell desperate to get fixtures out ? Will yahoos try & cancel & arrange a friendly?

Right now it looks like all games might be behind closed doors 

17 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

A friendly wont help them because, as compo says, all games will be behind closed doors.

I heard something on the radio last week that said the SPFL were thinking about postponing ALL OF games until fans can be allowed back in - perfect..... have us play them 4 times in succession within the space of a couple of weeks - that isn't a recipe for disaster, is it ? :rolleyes:

There should be no football until fans can attend in unrestricted numbers. Football without fans is completely pointless. I have come across the German games a couple of times and can’t watch more than a couple of minutes before having to turn it off, it’s not entertaining without the atmosphere generated by the crowd.

The leagues and clubs who are pushing to get matches back on are basically saying F*** the fans, f*** the players and coaches, we want our tv money and we don’t give a hoot if people get ill or die or if fans get anything for their support. And by the way, give us your season ticket money and buy a new strip and sit down (at home) and shut the hell up.

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

There should be no football until fans can attend in unrestricted numbers. Football without fans is completely pointless. I have come across the German games a couple of times and can’t watch more than a couple of minutes before having to turn it off, it’s not entertaining without the atmosphere generated by the crowd.

The leagues and clubs who are pushing to get matches back on are basically saying F*** the fans, f*** the players and coaches, we want our tv money and we don’t give a hoot if people get ill or die or if fans get anything for their support. And by the way, give us your season ticket money and buy a new strip and sit down (at home) and shut the hell up.

If games are played behind closed doors how is that the case ?  

2 hours ago, craig said:

A friendly wont help them because, as compo says, all games will be behind closed doors.

I heard something on the radio last week that said the SPFL were thinking about postponing ALL OF games until fans can be allowed back in - perfect..... have us play them 4 times in succession within the space of a couple of weeks - that isn't a recipe for disaster, is it ? :rolleyes:

Rangers must do all they can to ensure the first OF game next season goes ahead at the crumbledome next season as the traditional slot at the end of August even if it’s behind closed doors.

Were this game due to be played at ibrox you can be sure the yahoos would be insisting it to be played behind closed doors

2 hours ago, craig said:

If games are played behind closed doors how is that the case ?  

If we can’t sit in an office, a restaurant, go within 2 metres of another human being even with gloves and masks on, then how can it possibly be deemed safe to have 15-20 footballers in a penalty box for a corner, all sweating, saliva freely around transferring from body to body. 

Either the government of every country is feeding us absolute nonsense about risk of transference, or our sporting companies are playing fast and loose with the lives of their employees. As much as I think Boris is a twat and Nippy Nazi Nic is incompetent to the core, I know which of the 2 options I see as being more likely.

If it was as simple as testing everyone once a week, do you not think the country would just have rolled that out to all? Certainly much cheaper than a nationwide lockdown and an economic catastrophe. 

I run a small business with 6 employees in an office. Each desk is more than 2 metres apart, and we can observe social distancing at all times. But the government has me down to reopen in phase 3 as that is when they feel it is going to be safe to do so. But footballers can have as much contact as they like simply because they get tested every week or so? 

5 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

If we can’t sit in an office, a restaurant, go within 2 metres of another human being even with gloves and masks on, then how can it possibly be deemed safe to have 15-20 footballers in a penalty box for a corner, all sweating, saliva freely around transferring from body to body. 

Either the government of every country is feeding us absolute nonsense about risk of transference, or our sporting companies are playing fast and loose with the lives of their employees. As much as I think Boris is a twat and Nippy Nazi Nic is incompetent to the core, I know which of the 2 options I see as being more likely.

If it was as simple as testing everyone once a week, do you not think the country would just have rolled that out to all? Certainly much cheaper than a nationwide lockdown and an economic catastrophe. 

I run a small business with 6 employees in an office. Each desk is more than 2 metres apart, and we can observe social distancing at all times. But the government has me down to reopen in phase 3 as that is when they feel it is going to be safe to do so. But footballers can have as much contact as they like simply because they get tested every week or so? 

Well, in England they are all being tested prior to any games and contact training - as was the case in Germany I believe.

The country can't roll out tests for everyone once a week as they don't have enough test kits,  So it isn't merely an economic decision.

I'm not disagreeing with you, and I agree that it is all about TV money - but it seemed to me you were talking about fans rather than players, which is why I asked how it would work in empty stadiums.

On 30/05/2020 at 13:18, RANGERRAB said:

The sooner Doncaster & Maxwell are removed from their positions the better. That’s why I want hearts to take the SPFL to court 

Doncaster can't fart without Rod Mackenzie's say so, and we already know his history, so i'd have him on that list too.