Virtual Season Ticket...

The Scottish Professional Football League and Sky Sports have agreed terms that provide a framework for the top-flight of Scottish football to resume in August.

The Scottish Premiership clubs will create a ‘virtual season ticket’ for the 2020/21 season, providing an alternative source of matchday income while social distancing measures prevent fans from attending matches. During the 2020/21 season, each Premiership club will be able to sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games.

From August, Sky Sports will be the only broadcaster to offer live coverage of the SPFL with 48 games available on the new home of Scottish football, as Celtic aim to make history and win a tenth consecutive title. The return of a new season in Scotland at the beginning of August would follow on from the conclusion of the English Premier League season.

The SPFL and Sky have also agreed to spread the financial settlement for the games unable to be completed in Season 2019/20 across the term of the new five-year contract, providing security and financial stability to the competition and its clubs.

SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster said: “This is an innovative and pragmatic solution to the challenges posed by Covid-19 and I’m grateful for the flexibility shown by our clubs and by Sky Sports.

“This agreement means that any liability for games not delivered during Season 2019/20 has now been settled, on terms that reflect Sky’s status as a committed partner and supporter of Scottish football.”

Rob Webster, Managing Director of Sky Sports, said: “Sky Sports is proud of our long-standing relationship with Scottish football and we have been committed to finding a positive solution for the SPFL and clubs. The virtual season ticket for the 2020/21 season is an innovative way to maintain the connection with fans and provide economic stability for the clubs, and we are very happy to support it.

“The new season promises to be a unique experience for the Scottish Premiership and our approach is to be as flexible and supportive of the clubs as we can be in these unique times.”

So on top of buying a real season ticket for games I will not be able to gain access to watch, I need to buy a virtual season ticket as well if I want to see our behind closed doors games?

Do Rangers get to keep all the money from the Virtual Season ticket or is it going to be dispersed via the SPFL/Sky?

Do we get to have our own commentators, or will Sky provide two anti-Rangers scumbags to tell us how Morelos should be sent off this week?

If, for example, crowds are allowed back inside in January 2021, are they going to show our home games live through the virtual ST when they want 50K fans to attend in person? 

What about our away games, are they covered by this virtual ST or do we have to buy our opponents coverage? 

If Sky are showing the game, do we need a virtual ST or just a Sky subscription?

So many questions, so few answers.

I see it reported that finishing the season early has cost the SPFL £7.5 MILLION.

A small price to pay to ensure Peter got his way and his rancid club got their tainted title I am sure all the clubs can agree.

It is almost being spun as a victory that this is getting taken off our Sky money over the next 5 years and we dont need to pay it back immediately. Oh what an achievement. 

I wonder if BT Sport will be as forgiving given that they do not now have a contract to take the broken contract from. Look out for a big bill from them hitting Hampden soon and probably being swept under the carpet so as to not give any credibility to our claim in our report that finishing early would cost up to £10M in repaying tv contracts, which now looks absolutely bang on the button.

I await our club coming out with a massive I told you so later today.

4 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I await our club coming out with a massive I told you so later today.

I hope not.  There have been quite enough statements recently.

Actions speak louder than words but unfortunately Rangers are all mouth and no trousers these days.

The SPFL have basically passed the liability on to the fans, that’s if they’re prepared to pay for this virtual ST. I’d hope that Rangers would be offering this free of charge but I wouldn’t be surprised if the don’t.  

16 minutes ago, The Tin Man said:

The SPFL have basically passed the liability on to the fans, that’s if they’re prepared to pay for this virtual ST. I’d hope that Rangers would be offering this free of charge but I wouldn’t be surprised if the don’t.  

Totally correct,what recourse does any fan who has no satellite/cable tv supply have in getting these games?.

Also watch the spike in Universal Credit claims from the mhanks?:roflmao:

44 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I hope not.  There have been quite enough statements recently.

Actions speak louder than words but unfortunately Rangers are all mouth and no trousers these days.

I think you are being a bit unfair here.  Rangers submitted their dossier called for suspensions and an independent inquiry.  Unfortunately, this was not supported by other clubs.  What other action would you have expected from Rangers.

5 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I think you are being a bit unfair here.  Rangers submitted their dossier called for suspensions and an independent inquiry.  Unfortunately, this was not supported by other clubs.  What other action would you have expected from Rangers.

It was more a reference to statement after statement after statement - all of which have achieved the square root of *@£# all.