Virtual Season Ticket...

1 hour ago, The Tin Man said:

The Scottish Professional Football League and Sky Sports have agreed terms that provide a framework for the top-flight of Scottish football to resume in August.

The Scottish Premiership clubs will create a ‘virtual season ticket’ for the 2020/21 season, providing an alternative source of matchday income while social distancing measures prevent fans from attending matches. During the 2020/21 season, each Premiership club will be able to sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games.

From August, Sky Sports will be the only broadcaster to offer live coverage of the SPFL with 48 games available on the new home of Scottish football, as Celtic aim to make history and win a tenth consecutive title. The return of a new season in Scotland at the beginning of August would follow on from the conclusion of the English Premier League season.

The SPFL and Sky have also agreed to spread the financial settlement for the games unable to be completed in Season 2019/20 across the term of the new five-year contract, providing security and financial stability to the competition and its clubs.

SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster said: “This is an innovative and pragmatic solution to the challenges posed by Covid-19 and I’m grateful for the flexibility shown by our clubs and by Sky Sports.

“This agreement means that any liability for games not delivered during Season 2019/20 has now been settled, on terms that reflect Sky’s status as a committed partner and supporter of Scottish football.”

Rob Webster, Managing Director of Sky Sports, said: “Sky Sports is proud of our long-standing relationship with Scottish football and we have been committed to finding a positive solution for the SPFL and clubs. The virtual season ticket for the 2020/21 season is an innovative way to maintain the connection with fans and provide economic stability for the clubs, and we are very happy to support it.

“The new season promises to be a unique experience for the Scottish Premiership and our approach is to be as flexible and supportive of the clubs as we can be in these unique times.”

Wow ****************

Courtesy of Club 1872...

Rangers will update supporters in due course on a number of topics of interest but we are in a position to confirm that season ticket holders will be granted complimentary access to all home games streamed via RTV as a result of those matches being played behind closed doors.

41 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

Wow ****************

First thing I noticed too.... The SPFL, a members organization supposedly looking after ALL 42 members... decides to issue a press release talking, basically, about ONE member.... they don't even hide it anymore

This is an innovative and pragmatic solution ...

That's a neat way to describe the going-ons in Scotland since March.

May I be the first to congratulate Scotland for being the first country to reach the Fourth World Status?!

2 hours ago, The Tin Man said:

The SPFL and Sky have also agreed to spread the financial settlement for the games unable to be completed in Season 2019/20 across the term of the new five-year contract, providing security and financial stability to the competition and its clubs

Well well the SPFL first to PAY a broadcaster to let them have the rights to show games this is Scotland:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

10 minutes ago, compo said:

Will be like paying to watch a match down at the public park 

Could be but on a number of occasions depending where and who is commentating I have turned sound off so it won't be big deal for me.

6 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

I have turned sound off

That's what I've been doing for the German football.  Stick some music on and it's fine.

47 minutes ago, craig said:

decides to issue a press release talking, basically, about ONE member

Is that actually an SPFL press release (no link attached to OP)?

17 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

That's what I've been doing for the German football.  Stick some music on and it's fine.

Is that actually an SPFL press release (no link attached to OP)?

Yeah, it was.  I had to actually check it myself.

If home games are free to season ticket holders presumably you would need to pay for the virtual season ticket to watch away games.   I won't be buying anything from them.  We've just renewed our season tickets and joined the Member's scheme.  What if you are a SKY Sports customer?   Do you still need to pay to watch the SPFL?