34 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Nah, they are probably part of the silent majority who are sick to death of seeing those who shout loudest, vandalise and attack British culture the most getting sentimental backing by politicians, MSM and Corporates. Many many more white people have died at the hands of the Police in any year you care to mention and many more have died at the hands of Islamist terrorists. 

As the Thinker, i'd expect you to prove that they actually racists before labelling them. 

Nonsense.

For one thing, I didn't label them racists, I merely said that it's likely that the perpetrators of this are racists - Thanks for highlighting that. But if it turns out that they're not racist (or there's insufficient evidence to prove it) then I can say with absolute confidence that they're definitely arseholes.

Secondly, as I pointed out, there's a difference between the anti-British, anti-authority lunatic fringe who have attached themselves to BLM (whom we should be pissed off with), and the central message of BLM, which is that racism is a bad thing. If the banner had said "Antifa are hijacking BLM", for example, that could never have been misconstrued as racist, and I'd have agreed with it to an extent. But anyone who takes the hump at a show of anti-racism such as the display at the Burnley - Man CIty match (sentimental as you may find it) to the extent that they feel the need to organise an elaborate counter-demonstration has got a real problem.

The whole thing represents an absolute humiliation for Burnley FC, and I really feel for the club. It is no way the work of a "silent majority" of their fans - it's a tiny minority of morons who have been rightly castigated. And if you honsetly think that fly past is in any way a positive thing, then I feel truly embarrassed on your behalf.

Edited by Thinker

1 minute ago, Thinker said:

Nonsense.

For one thing, I didn't label them racists, I merely said that it's likely that the perpetrators of this are racists - Thanks for highlighting that. But if it turns out that they're not racist (or there's insufficient evidence to prove it) then I can say with absolute confidence that they're definitely arseholes.

Secondly, as I pointed out, there's a difference between the anti-British, anti-authority lunatic fringe who have attached themselves to BLM (whom we should be pissed off with), and the central message of BLM, which is that racism is a bad thing. If the banner had said "Antifa are hijacking BLM", for example, that could never have been misconstrued as racist, and I'd have agreed with it to an extent. But anyone who takes the hump at a show of anti-racism such as the display at the Burnley - Man CIty match (sentimental as you may find it) to the extent that they feel the need to organise an elaborate counter-demonstration has got a real problem.

The whole thing represents an absolute humiliation for Burnley FC, and I really feel for the club. It's is no way the work of a "silent majority" of their fans - it's a tiny minority of morons who have been rightly castigated. And if you honsetly think that fly past is in any way a positive thing, then I feel truly embarrassed on your behalf.

Don't feel embarrassed, nobody asked you to and you are just showing your ignorance of how people are feeling about this. 

People can protest in any way they feel appropriate. They don't get their voices heard over Antifa trying to burn flags at the cenotaph or vandalising statues of Wellington or Churchill.   

Maybe, just maybe we will have a march next time a young white kid is murdered, but i doubt is as protests and riots seem to be the realm of BLM and their extremist allies.  

2 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Don't feel embarrassed, nobody asked you to and you are just showing your ignorance of how people are feeling about this. 

People can protest in any way they feel appropriate. They don't get their voices heard over Antifa trying to burn flags at the cenotaph or vandalising statues of Wellington or Churchill.   

Maybe, just maybe we will have a march next time a young white kid is murdered, but i doubt is as protests and riots seem to be the realm of BLM and their extremist allies.  

Once again, being against racism doesn't equal being in antifa or being anti-British.

Oh, and BTW, this just in.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/23/burnley-fan-who-arranged-white-lives-matter-banner-refuses-apologise-12890013/

Mr Hepple’s Facebook account, which included a picture of himself alongside Tommy Robinson, the former leader of the English Defence League, was deactivated as of Tuesday morning.

Is this the part where you say that you think the EDL make a lot of good points and Tommy Robinson is just misunderstood?

This sort of thing just exemplifies what I said about US race relations issues arriving here.

The plane stunt was daft.

The gratuitous nature of the EPL BLM stuff is getting silly.

Meanwhile, most Brits want to just get on with our lives without being constantly accused of a perceived privilege.

7 hours ago, Thinker said:

They probably will, because it seems extremely likely that they are actually racists.

It's one thing to sit at home rolling your eyes at celebrities virtue signalling on telly, or to be pissed off by antifa thugs hijacking demonstrations; but organising a  fucking plane and banner as a counter demonstration? That's messed up. That's not a thought, that's an action that ought to be policed.

There are arseholes on both the extreme left and the extreme right trying to use the rights and wrongs of the BLM demonstrations to push their agendas. I hope they all end up in jail.

Not sure how any prosecution would be able to get a conviction for hate or racism given the wording of the banner.  Indeed, given the BLM movement those flying that banner could claim the EXACT SAME position... just because we say "White lives matter" doesn't mean other lives don't.

16 minutes ago, craig said:

Not sure how any prosecution would be able to get a conviction for hate or racism given the wording of the banner.  Indeed, given the BLM movement those flying that banner could claim the EXACT SAME position... just because we say "White lives matter" doesn't mean other lives don't.

I'm sure you're right, but given the haste with which Mr Hepple has attempted to delete his social media history, I wouldn't be surprised if an investigation unearthed something incriminating.

3 minutes ago, Thinker said:

I'm sure you're right, but given the haste with which Mr Hepple has attempted to delete his social media history, I wouldn't be surprised if an investigation unearthed something incriminating.

Quite possibly, but I just don't know how they would get a conviction that this particular banner is racist.

1 hour ago, Thinker said:

Once again, being against racism doesn't equal being in antifa or being anti-British.

Oh, and BTW, this just in.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/23/burnley-fan-who-arranged-white-lives-matter-banner-refuses-apologise-12890013/

Is this the part where you say that you think the EDL make a lot of good points and Tommy Robinson is just misunderstood?

No, this is the part where i tell you that anyone has the right to peaceful protest, if you consider BLM as peaceful, which is patently absurd. 

I'm no apologist for Mr Hepple, but would back anyone to be allowed to protest however many people are upset by it. Free speech is just that, it's not one way.