It seems the spirit of Heysel was alive and well in Liverpool last night as the media continues to fawn over Liverpool in a way few clubs could expect had they just won the league title. I sometimes wonder what it is about Liverpool in general that attracts the cosy image of scamps and rascals, instead of the more accurate epithets of thugs and morons. Expect more of the same tonight as the scamps feast on attention and celebration again turns to mayhem.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Has there been mayhem in Liverpool the past two evenings?

As far as I'm aware it has only been last night but perhaps others know better. Of course some might point out that it's mayhem in Liverpool every night. But whatever, the number of occurrences rather misses the point

I'm not sure Rangers supporters are in much of a position to point the finger when it comes to this sort of thing.

If we went 30 years without winning the league, I suspect the scenes up here would be more like mayhem.  

That's just stark whataboutery and uses supposition to deflect from the topic in question. What others might or might not do in circumstances that are purely imagined is no basis to refrain from commenting on something that did actually happen. I thought you were better than that.

Okay, it was mayhem* in Liverpool last night.  

*some drunk men singing and waving flags, a couple of flares and the Police gradually dispersing a gathering of a few hundred people.  

At first glance I thought this topic would investigate the collective amnesia of Liverpool FC and its supporters to the death and destruction it brought to Heysel and the people who died? Have they had justice? Where are the justice for the 39 banners? 

But on the subject of Liverpool, how did it get its mystical view down South and other places that it is full of funny wisecracking scalawags, (I blame jimmy tarbuck ;)) whereas other Northern cities in Britain namely Manchester and Glasgow are full heed cases ?

No doubt they will be coming up to play our champions bringing with them their fans them our esteemed champions will be visiting their place it will be all bhoys together. 

Mon the toffemen ?

53 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Liverpool FC and its supporters to the death and destruction it brought to Heysel

There were Chelsea fans at Heysel that day.

41 minutes ago, compo said:

all bhoys together. 

I've met a few Liverpool fans who have absolutely no time for Nonce FC.

1 hour ago, compo said:

No doubt they will be coming up to play our champions bringing with them their fans them our esteemed champions will be visiting their place it will be all bhoys together. 

Mon the toffemen ?

I believe Everton was the club embraced by the immigrant Irish and espoused a catholic identity.