Sturgeon crisis: Scotland faces eye-watering 50% rise in council tax - dire warning

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Nothing will bring them down as long as they’re seen as the ‘good guys’ giving away freebies (free prescriptions, bus travel, uni places etc) and Westminster allows them to run at a colossal deficit each year (£13bn latest GERS figures)

The only way so can see this change is for Westminster to force FFA ( Full fiscal autonomy) on Holyrood where Scotland will only be able to spend what it raises. It would get no money from Westminster. There would be spending cuts & tax rises galore. People & businesses would leave.

Maybe then the gullible electorate would wake up & realise the benefits of the U.K. 

And that will be brought about by their greed 

On 03/07/2020 at 12:03, RANGERRAB said:

The only way so can see this change is for Westminster to force FFA ( Full fiscal autonomy) on Holyrood where Scotland will only be able to spend what it raises. It would get no money from Westminster. There would be spending cuts & tax rises galore. People & businesses would leave.

Sadly I think you are right.  It won't be clear until it is too late.

On 03/07/2020 at 12:03, RANGERRAB said:

Nothing will bring them down as long as they’re seen as the ‘good guys’ giving away freebies (free prescriptions, bus travel, uni places etc) and Westminster allows them to run at a colossal deficit each year (£13bn latest GERS figures)

Maybe then the gullible electorate would wake up & realise the benefits of the U.K. 

FFA would force Holyrood to borrow heavily at punitive interest rates, leading to rampant inflation, hyper-austerity, wealth taxes, industrial collapse and social catastrophe. You know that, I know that, Sturgeon knows that and BoJo knows that. It's the price we will pay for giving the SNP the reins of power. It's also a price none of us who live here can accept, however attractive the lesson would be to watch. It would destroy the SNP but it would also destroy the lives of almost all people in Scotland.

I do not know anybody who likes the FM or approves of her party’s policies. Unfortunately she is adored by what an unkind friend calls “the rabble”. The Covid crisis has given her a daily opportunity to broadcast anti-Westminster propaganda. She seems very likely to win the next SP election in which case another referendum will be hard to refuse.

During last month’s brief warm spell a relief postman turned up wearing regulation Royal Mail shorts revealing a tattoo of William Wallace. I asked him why he chose the loser Wallace instead of the winner Bruce. He didn’t understand the question.

Let’s hope he backs a loser at the election bit I fear he’ll be on the winning side. 

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

I do not know anybody who likes the FM or approves of her party’s policies. Unfortunately she is adored by what an unkind friend calls “the rabble”. The Covid crisis has given her a daily opportunity to broadcast anti-Westminster propaganda. She seems very likely to win the next SP election in which case another referendum will be hard to refuse.

During last month’s brief warm spell a relief postman turned up wearing regulation Royal Mail shorts revealing a tattoo of William Wallace. I asked him why he chose the loser Wallace instead of the winner Bruce. He didn’t understand the question.

Let’s hope he backs a loser at the election bit I fear he’ll be on the winning side. 

The coronavirus has saved the SNP. Without it and with Brexit a done deal, the focus would now be firmly on the economy and the SNP's track record in government.

That said, the tory decision to elect Jackson Carlaw as leader has all but guaranteed a SNP win.

Edited by Bill

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

A sure sign of the country being buggered is a postman in shorts like all public servants they should visit your abode in full regulation uniform,  I would have set the rottweiler on him .