Gutted for the big man. Be interested to know exactly what happened because when the team came back to training I saw pics of Katic and noticed the size of his quads which are massive. 

I don't know a great deal on acl injuries but I think having really strong quads is a benefit if this type of injury occurs during an off balance type of injury (like Mols). 

On the other hand I Don't think it's of much use if it was a Gazza type of inpact. 

Perhaps if because his quads are in such great shape, it may make the lay off slightly less. ?

2 hours ago, The Tin Man said:

I watched every game Helander played through my fingers or from behind the couch! Just never took to him at all. His lack of pace was a massive concern for me

Helander is slow.

That's not even up for debate.

He's still a first pick and that's partly because he is left sided and better with the ball than Katic.

10 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Considering all the negative comments folk are making about both Katic and Helander it sounds very much like we do need a new left-sided defender! Maybe Leon King or Mayo might step up.

Leon King isn't left sided

19 minutes ago, compo said:

Bring in one of the youngsters and tell him go on make a name for yourself son .

33 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Maybe Leon King or Mayo might step up

A. SG hasn't showed much faith in youth.

B. We haven't won a major trophy in years.  Now is not the time to be putting young lads into the first team.

43 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Thanks. Have heard so much about him but not seen him in action yet.

No problem ASIL.  He definitely favours  his right side.

I believe it was someone from Man U who said he was the best player of his age group in the whole of Europe - high praise indeed.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

A. SG hasn't showed much faith in youth.

B. We haven't won a major trophy in years.  Now is not the time to be putting young lads into the first team.

We haven't kick a decent ball from the new year break to lockdown with the present bunch who in my humble opinion are not up to the job .

The poor results were more down to predictable tactics and a lack of cutting edge up front than problematic defending.

Sticking kids in in place of Helender, Goldson and Edmundson won't win us the league.