2020/21 Fixtures: Aberdeen v Rangers KO time changed

Look on the bright side. Firstly we're better than the sheep, a lot better, we know it and beneath their bleating bluster so do they. Secondly i'm presuming they wont be able to cash in on it due to covid-19 restrictions. Boohoo.

These fixtures are another fix, carve-up, stitch-up call it what you want. The first OF game normally takes place end Aug/ start Sept.

But it’s been pushed back to the end of October because it’s at CP & liewell is hoping supporters will be allowed back into stadiums by then.

Why wasn’t our MD ( someone called Stewart Robertson I’m told) calling this out?

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Knowing and doing are two very different things.  We lost twice to a team that got relegated. 

Which doesn't change my point a single iota. That point being we're better than they are, we know it and they know it. If you want to disagree on that point be my guest. If you want to be simply contrary which is what it looks like then every single game we play against anybody at all can be prefaced with well we lost twice to a team that were relegated.

Nobody takes anything for granted but I expect most, obviously me included but apparently not you, do have a degree of confidence in a superior side the superiority of which I doubt any knowledgeable opinion would dispute. 

I also doubt the manager approaches it with well we lost twice to a relegated side mentality. I expect him to also be stating to the team that we're better than them, we know it they know it, and we only have to play to our capabilities to win it. Get out there and play to your capabilities.

Rangers are better than Sheep, Kilmarnock, Hearts etc. The league table confirms that.

The trouble is, Rangers lose games against them too often to overtake the separate entity like no other. A solution to the problem must be found this season.

Thought this was a Rangers forum :roflmao:

I reckon that JFK made up the fixture list so that he could get his template "We are far superior to the sheep despite their claims to the contrary" statement in nice and early :ninja:

Take it easy JFK.... just some light-hearted banter.

We ALL know that we are better than Aberdeen, the league table proved it.  But we also know that we very, very rarely get an easy game against them.  Rather than focus on how superior we are to them my concern would be more aimed at why it is that every single season we get our first game away to what is perennially a tough opponent whilst Celtic get a shoe-in at home in the first game - the away game I get given that Celtic won the league and get to unfurl the flag - no issue there - however, why don't they ever get Aberdeen, Hibs or Motherwell at home in the first game to give them a proper test - every single season it seems to be a team who struggled at the foot of the table the season before - giving Celtic a nice easy start to the season.

I completely get that we "have to overcome them all to win the league" but every year they try to handicap us straight out the gate by giving us a difficult away game against opponents that always treat this fixture like a Cup final - every point counts and every year they attempt to get Celtic off to a flyer with 3 easy points and a game under their belt whilst giving us an away game to try to have us drop points against a team of hammer throwers (admittedly pretty much all teams we play are hammer throwers).