2020/21 Fixtures: Aberdeen v Rangers KO time changed

As bent as Canadian Software (which I guess costs more than £30).

It was put to me last night, and I haven't checked this out, natural indolence prevailing, that

Rangers is away to all (19/20) top six sides twice before the split. while  Child Rape FC is away to those teams only once before the split.

Perhaps somebody could confirm/debunk.

5 hours ago, craig said:

Thought this was a Rangers forum :roflmao:

I reckon that JFK made up the fixture list so that he could get his template "We are far superior to the sheep despite their claims to the contrary" statement in nice and early :ninja:

Take it easy JFK.... just some light-hearted banter.

We ALL know that we are better than Aberdeen, the league table proved it.  But we also know that we very, very rarely get an easy game against them.  Rather than focus on how superior we are to them my concern would be more aimed at why it is that every single season we get our first game away to what is perennially a tough opponent whilst Celtic get a shoe-in at home in the first game - the away game I get given that Celtic won the league and get to unfurl the flag - no issue there - however, why don't they ever get Aberdeen, Hibs or Motherwell at home in the first game to give them a proper test - every single season it seems to be a team who struggled at the foot of the table the season before - giving Celtic a nice easy start to the season.

I completely get that we "have to overcome them all to win the league" but every year they try to handicap us straight out the gate by giving us a difficult away game against opponents that always treat this fixture like a Cup final - every point counts and every year they attempt to get Celtic off to a flyer with 3 easy points and a game under their belt whilst giving us an away game to try to have us drop points against a team of hammer throwers (admittedly pretty much all teams we play are hammer throwers).

Thought it was a Rangers forum? Yes it is. And it's surprising/questionable that a  Rangers fan expresses the same degree of confidence I would be expecting the manager to impress on the team? Against what is an indisputably inferior side? Would anybody here swap their side for ours? Would they if they were honest?

Saying we lost twice to a relegated side last season has no more relevance to this game than saying we convincingly won home and away against the table topping side last season. Does that make the prospects look better? If not then saying they lost twice to a relegated side holds no water either.

And that's the point I was making. We are better than them. We should go into it expecting to win. Not hoping to win or being unduly fixated on results against another side in the previous season.

Would I have chosen it as the first game? No, but it's what we have, that can't be changed, and I go there expecting to win it. Always. Take it easy, just typical fan confidence I expect to be more common than not. Unless it's a fan who simply has an agenda of being pointlessly contrary. 

Edited by JFK-1

Aberdeen are an irrelevance (much like Kilmarnock, Motherwell et al) but they regularly give us a good game, particularly up there.  I prefer to avoid pontificating about irrelevant things but even the best Rangers sides have struggled at Pittodrie.

Any sheep reading this forum will enjoy your rants about their poxy club - they'll make them think there's an actual rivalry.

Isn't that what I implied? An irrelevance we're far better than? Should beat every time?

And you think being written off by me as inferior suggests a rivalry they would be happy to see? Will Accies fans think there's a rivalry if I say they're an inferior side too? 

But they would be more unhappy to see the likes of you after I write them off as inferior suggesting well we lost twice to a relegated team? 

Bizarre logic that they would be happy to see my opinion of them as massively inferior. But presumably unhappy that another frets about it because we lost twice to another inferior side last season.

Aberdeen FC seem to raise concerns for you, Gonzo, that I don't share. Carry on worrying about them if it helps. I will continue writing them off as inferior when there's an upcoming game.

As complete a circle of inconsistent illogicality as I could imagine. They're to be worried about because we lost to a relegated team last season. From there to they're an irrelevance like Killie etc.

Then on to me calling them an inferior irrelevance makes them think they're a rival but fretting about them does not.

All the way back to worrying abut them which presumably convinces them they're not a rival. While my consistent writing them off as an inferior irrelevance patently does. 

Any sheep reading this forum will enjoy your rants about their poxy club - they'll make them think there's an actual rivalry.

I will continue writing them off as an inferior irrelevance. Which despite the bizarre non logic you presented here I can 100% guarantee will not make them the least bit happy.

Now you can have that last pointless illogical word you just can't live without. I will give it to you to satisfy that particular obsession. You can pretend it's a clincher that negates all the previous inconsistent non logic and maybe somebody can even enforce it for you with a like. Enjoy.

16 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Isn't that what I implied? An irrelevance we're far better than? Should beat every time?

And you think being written off by me as inferior suggests a rivalry they would be happy to see? Will Accies fans think there's a rivalry if I say they're an inferior side too? 

But they would be more unhappy to see the likes of you after I write them off as inferior suggesting well we lost twice to a relegated team? 

Bizarre logic that they would be happy to see my opinion of them as massively inferior. But presumably unhappy that another frets about it because we lost twice to another inferior side last season.

Almost invariably, each time you have mentioned Aberdeen (Hibs is usually the other one) as being inferior to us we drop points to them.  Seems you never learn.  It is entirely your prerogative of course but stating the obvious multiple times over just seems pretty pointless to me.

We ALL know Aberdeen are inferior to us.  

Maybe, to me at least, it is just that each time you post it you don't seem to be posting from a pro-Rangers, we are better than them approach but it seems more like a "they are shite" perspective, with the focus on them, not on us.  It is also a personal preference of mine to not call them the Sheep or call Hibs "Hubz" or even to call Celtic Tims.  But that is just a personal preference.

But as I said, it is entirely your prerogative, even if it is repetitive :thup: