Can Kai Kennedy play his part this season?

On 13/07/2020 at 22:36, MacK1950 said:

Seen him at the Wrexham game where he constantly tore senior players apart before having to go off injured after a cynical tackle from one of those players.

It was a Wrexham reserve side we played, eleven changes from their previous game against Bromely and none started in their next game against Yeovil. There were five teenagers in Wrexham's starting lineup that played at Ibrox.

4 hours ago, elfideldo said:

It was a Wrexham reserve side we played, eleven changes from their previous game against Bromely and none started in their next game against Yeovil. There were five teenagers in Wrexham's starting lineup that played at Ibrox.

Thanks for that I was under impression going to that game our "colts" were playing a recognised Wrexham first team in that Irn Bru cup.

Interesting to hear SG talk about "egos" in the youth ranks. Was this directed at Kia Kennedy in particular or a shot across the bows of the youth players in general? May also be behind the coaching reshuffle? 

19 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Was this directed at Kia Kennedy in particular or a shot across the bows of the youth players in general?

Probably both which is correct path to take.We have many youths in our Auchenhowie set up who are likely to be more than proud to be there without shouting to the world "look at me I'm a Rangers player".

38 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Interesting to hear SG talk about "egos" in the youth ranks. Was this directed at Kia Kennedy in particular or a shot across the bows of the youth players in general? May also be behind the coaching reshuffle? 

Not just Kai Kennedy.... I was told something two weeks ago about an incident -  nothing major - that showed the ego and lack of gratitude of some of our youths.

Disappointed at this. Certainly one of our most promising youths. And although I don’t think he could contribute much this season, we don’t have many players like him in the senior squad. 

You obviously need some ego to make your way as a footballer, after all, youngster will have to replace "veterans" at some point. (I know Craig wil jump in soon but) Kyle Hutton was one of those in days gone by, whose ego got the better of him, laughing and slagging off Bears questioning him and his attitude. Kennedy (as the story goes over on FF) also has some pedigree as a Yahoo, but who knows what happened. QUite a few bits and pieces to be found over there regarding this particular affair.

As SG has said, people have to commit to the club - and I don't think he was primarily referring to contract extensions - and all that it stands for and behave accordingly. If their character is off, so they will be sooner or later.

With regards to Kai Kennedy being told to find a new club because he refused to sign a new contract. We don't know exactly what the contract offer was. He perhaps was offered a contract that was not acceptable to him. In which case he was entitled to refuse it. He might be biting of his nose to spite his face. Only he knows that. It would be a shame if we lost a promising player to some other team.

On 20/07/2020 at 10:41, der Berliner said:

You obviously need some ego to make your way as a footballer, after all, youngster will have to replace "veterans" at some point. (I know Craig wil jump in soon but) Kyle Hutton was one of those in days gone by, whose ego got the better of him, laughing and slagging off Bears questioning him and his attitude. Kennedy (as the story goes over on FF) also has some pedigree as a Yahoo, but who knows what happened. QUite a few bits and pieces to be found over there regarding this particular affair.

As SG has said, people have to commit to the club - and I don't think he was primarily referring to contract extensions - and all that it stands for and behave accordingly. If their character is off, so they will be sooner or later.

Lol.  I won’t jump all over the Kyle Hutton reference dB.

does Kennedy deserve a five figure per week fee ?  Because that’s what I’ve heard he is looking for.

completely untested, unproven but looking for 10k a week ?  Not for me I’m afraid.

The ego statement wasn’t about them being overly confident or arrogant... one of the youths showed complete disrespect for a senior player who was helping them out.... said youth didn’t even realise that he was being disrespectful.... but common sense and a modicum of manners should have told him otherwise.