15 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Their main website reads like a feminist/BLM blog most days.

A couple of carefully selected news items and then several articles about microaggressions, transphobia and what a millennial recommends having for brunch.  Pitiful stuff.

Not only that but it is written in really  poor English or niche slang that folk like me don't understand. To think that my English teacher recommended the BBC as an example of where you can hear good English spoken. 

45 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Not only that but it is written in really  poor English or niche slang that folk like me don't understand. To think that my English teacher recommended the BBC as an example of where you can hear good English spoken. 

And the amount of errors. I was just reading an article as someone recommended the story about the guy selling fake Covid cures. He, became a She towards the end of the article. Laughable. 

49 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Totally agree the standard of speech/vocalising makes me glad some programmes have subtitles available.

1 minute ago, MacK1950 said:

Totally agree the standard of speech/vocalising makes me glad some programmes have subtitles available.

I had same problem with Still Game, as i left Glasgow when just a wee boy!!

Apparently a Freedom of Information request has revealed over 500k households cancelled their TV licence in 2019 and that 82k had cancelled in the 5 months to March 2020.

That's 550 per day!!!

Something that the BBC wants to keep quiet. 

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Given their agenda driven output, is it any wonder so many Brits are refusing to fund them?

Agree, but i wonder why so many don't challenge this TV tax instead of just blindly paying?  Yes i get the threats etc, but surely more should be refusing. 

5 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Apparently a Freedom of Information request has revealed over 500k households cancelled their TV licence in 2019 and that 82k had cancelled in the 5 months to March 2020.

That's 550 per day!!!

Something that the BBC wants to keep quiet. 

Source?

Due to personal circumstances I've been watching BBC news much more frequently recently than I would do by choice.

In the last day few days dear old auntie has not only reported on the most important and topical stories like Trump is a bad man and the government is confusing everyone about Covid, they also devote a considerable amount of air time to educate and indeed, re-educate us on things we may not be fully aware of but should.

On Thursday I learned that, if Indians or rather Brits of Indian heritage, eat too much food they get fat, most concerning.
However, we were also informed that if they eat less they will lose weight, phew!
Fascinating stuff.

Friday and Saturday, I've been historically realigned, The Battle of Britain, victory was achieved not by Winston, Dowdling, R J Mitchell or the heroic RAF as I had naively assumed, but by Hazel a 13 YO girl.
Apparently her father was an engineer working on Spitfire armament during the 1930's and Hazel was quite good at sums and may have helped him work something out one night.
Apparently this unspecified arithmetic intervention ultimately won the battle against the Luftwaffe and saved us all from the horrors of Nazism.
Jolly good show Hazel, spiffing.

Thanks Auntie B, I'll be binning (recycling of course) my my old Commandos and digging out my sisters Buntys in a belated effort to gain a more accurate perspective of wartime events.