Diversity and Inclusion Charter

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Anyone who has educated themselves about the BLM agenda knows it isn't just about racism.  It's overtly political.

There are differing views within the movement. It's only political in the sense that any challenge to the establishment is political. You don't have to sign up to regime change to subscribe to anti-racism.

11 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I wouldn't mind seeing us promote that more widely, not just in images at Central Station. It's often forgotten that we had an Egyptian muslim playing for us in the early years of last century.

'Anyone, Everyone' is about supporters, not players.

10 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

It's only political in the sense that any challenge to the establishment is political.

Being a bit selective there, asil.  BLM is overtly political.

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Being a bit selective there, asil.  BLM is overtly political.

I know it is. Same with all mass movements even if they don't know it. But if you can't be selective about racism what can you be selective about?

Edited by alexscottislegend

37 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

That is not what they would be doing if they take the knee or whatever. I think only Spurs have refused but maybe that is to do with a large Jewish support. Even so very much doubt that displaying  a BLM banner implies support for your first 2 propositions; it is simply an extension of the idea that racism is wrong.

Says who?

Are people to pick and choose what parts of BLM the act of taking the knee supports? You are trying to define what it represents whereas others will interpret in a different manner. Who is correct?

If BLM stuck to the one issue of anti-racism then it would be more straightforward but they have not, and therefore support of them as an organisation goes beyond the support of the anti-racism message.

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

'Anyone, Everyone' is about supporters, not players.

I must have missed this caveat.  Where did the club say that?

Regarding the OP, for what it's worth I'm sick of the political stuff becoming conflated with the club.  Equally I'm sick of the increasing restrictions on free speech.  As far as the trans debate is concerned, I have a view that would be very unpopular with all trans people but I don't want our club to get involved in that debate.  Leave that to the politicians and law makers to sort out (although in my opinion this current government mob will screw that up too).  Our club has demonstrated that it can't even get enough support to ask for an enquiry when everyone knew corruption was afoot in our league, so who will care one bit about what our club thinks about non football matters?

As a club and support we have much bigger problems to deal with if this idiotic/dangerous 'social distancing' continues.  I've still not seen or heard anything from the club that suggests we are preparing well for the repercussions if the stadium continues to be empty.  So to worry about who is standing next to us in a toilet is utterly irrelevant to me at this point.