Diversity and Inclusion Charter

41 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Says who?

Are people to pick and choose what parts of BLM the act of taking the knee supports? You are trying to define what it represents whereas others will interpret in a different manner. Who is correct?

If BLM stuck to the one issue of anti-racism then it would be more straightforward but they have not, and therefore support of them as an organisation goes beyond the support of the anti-racism message.

Their message is that you cannot eliminate racism without confronting the question of capitalism, so embedded is it in its culture. You can interpret that as my view or that of my view of BLM if you like. BLM is still atm an organisation without a clear defined leadership, certainly not a political party.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Southern White racist nonsense. Brought to you by the same people who told you that Covid did not exist and that they should fail to recognise social distancing as it impinged on their 'freedom'.

You know nothing of the south, the culture, or people, other than the scant few times you may have driven through or visited on 'holiday'. Stick to Europe bud, something you know about...you'll not look like an ass in the end.

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Southern White racist nonsense. Brought to you by the same people who told you that Covid did not exist and that they should fail to recognise social distancing as it impinged on their 'freedom'.

I agree the sign was rather stupid, but for what it's worth I am one of a growing majority that believe this COVID 'pandemic' is no more of a virus than many previous years.  And there s no doubt it does impinge on freedoms which I think is unacceptable.  So please don't conflate these things as I think it just dilutes your argument.

We all seem to agree that BLM is a political movement that has several aims, some of which are not directly about anti-racism. 

I don't have a problem with Jermaine Defoe 'taking the knee', as he said he would.  I do have a problem with Rangers FC promoting or aligning with the BLM movement because it is a political movement.

On 09/07/2020 at 22:04, Gonzo79 said:

Better still, any chance football clubs could leave this box-ticking crap to HR departments and get on with playing football and treating supporters more like part of the club and less like customers.

Fat chance of that happening. Every club are and will be expected to make a full and public (just look at the PL) show of support for BLM regardless of the actual philosophy behind that particular cult. 

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Their message is that you cannot eliminate racism without confronting the question of capitalism, so embedded is it in its culture. You can interpret that as my view or that of my view of BLM if you like. BLM is still atm an organisation without a clear defined leadership, certainly not a political party.

So can you eliminate racism by defunding the police and closing all prisons? Just two more of BLM's manifesto of madness. 

On 11/07/2020 at 18:33, BB_89 said:

Why don’t we ask female fans how they feel about the toilet issue? Instead of a bunch of dudes dictating who gets to use the loo. (Assuming the posters are male - which I’ll get cancelled for!) 

The whole thing about it being some guy ‘dressed up’ to sneak into female toilets is nonsense. Some length to go to, buy a ticket - go to the game ‘dressed up’ - cant imagine they would be welcome in the stands with some of the comments in the thread never mind make it to the toilets.  Now I get their is a risk of it happening, but there is also a risk when your laddy nips away for a piss. 

The same happened with gay folk back in the day - guys scared they’re gonna get bummed. 

Most bars these days have unisex toilets - and it’s normal in many places across the world. I’m not gonna say I fully understand why some people are trans etc - but I’ve worked with trans people and know some socially and never had any issues with any of them. 

All this kind of chat is why people drag our clubs name into chats about equality and racism - And some fans wonder why. Lets catch up with the times and show that the club actually is for everyone and anyone and not exclusively for people who are white Protestant.  

It's not just happening here, it's being debated by all clubs supporters large enough to have a forum. Nobody at any club anywhere has suggested otherwise, just like any other sport. I don't know why some people feel you have to make public shows of identity politics. If people want to come and participate they will, its so lazy to blame all the ills on white protestants or whites in general. Lazy and racist.  

11 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Same as we have had supporters the same as you mention.

Well, aye but we all know how we, as a support, are portrayed by the MSM and other Scottish fans.

Rangers supporter = bigoted backwards moron.

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

And what you've said demonstrates why Rangers should not have anything to do with them.