Diversity and Inclusion Charter

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

I can see what you are getting at but must disagree about 'social distancing'. Just about every country in the world is now concerned about the spread of the virus, hence why mask-wearing is now to be compulsory in England. If folk had adhered properly to social distancing this move may not have been necessary.

I don't want to stray too much off topic but we've never distanced for any corona virus in the past so I've no idea why this one is any different.  The rate of infection and death rate is hugely exaggerated as is being proven by NHS whistleblowers.  I hope this scandal is exposed at some stage but by that stage the damage is already done.  I expect history will show that lockdown and social distancing killed more people and ruined more lives than the so called virus will.  And yet no one in the media is strong enough to challenge the obvious holes in this horrible 'hoax'.  As it's the Rangers forum, my particular concern here is the effect it's having on our club, and yet I don't see anything being done to mitigate the risk of what will happen if the stadiums remain empty.  I'm still very worried about what this is likely to do to the viability of our league and club.  With Doncaster and co in charge of the wider league I've got even less confidence.  I'd love someone to give me a reason to be hopeful.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

I don't want to stray too much off topic but we've never distanced for any corona virus in the past so I've no idea why this one is any different.  The rate of infection and death rate is hugely exaggerated as is being proven by NHS whistleblowers.  I hope this scandal is exposed at some stage but by that stage the damage is already done.  I expect history will show that lockdown and social distancing killed more people and ruined more lives than the so called virus will.  And yet no one in the media is strong enough to challenge the obvious holes in this horrible 'hoax'.  As it's the Rangers forum, my particular concern here is the effect it's having on our club, and yet I don't see anything being done to mitigate the risk of what will happen if the stadiums remain empty.  I'm still very worried about what this is likely to do to the viability of our league and club.  With Doncaster and co in charge of the wider league I've got even less confidence.  I'd love someone to give me a reason to be hopeful.

“So called virus”?

”Horrible hoax”?

Do you think it doesn’t exist?

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Hoax? Fuck off and tell that to the relatives and friends of the people that have died from it!

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

but we've never distanced for any corona virus in the past

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

death rate is hugely exaggerated

1) When in past has this virus been so virulent?.

2) Try telling that to rest of world!!.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

“So called virus”?

”Horrible hoax”?

Do you think it doesn’t exist?

Corona virus does exist because it's well documented over the past 70 years, but what I don't believe is that it's so much more dangerous than previous strains.  There is now overwhelming evidence that the numbers are grossly exaggerated.  People are dying with it, but most of them are not dying from it - they're dying of other chronic and pre-existing conditions.  In each of these cases, COVID was being out as the cause of death.  Do you know how many people die each year because of flu in England?  It's about 17,000 and that remains fairly constant, although in 2015 it was more severe and almost 29,000 people died that year. This year, how many people have died from flu so far?  Zero!  Does that mean COVID has cured flu?  There's a similar story for other respiratory conditions.  I have spoken to 6 fairly senior people in the NHS and they all fail to understand the rationale for the current guidance.  They've all been warned however about speaking out, in fact they've been threatened with being suspended if they do.

I am not trying to upset anyone, but I don't think it does any of us any harm to check out the facts of this rather than rely on the small number of people who are feeding the various governments the current lines.  And for the record, I don't want or expect anyone to believe what I'm saying.  In fact quite the opposite.  I'd like others to look into this for themselves rather than relying on what they're being told by the government and the media.

38 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Corona virus does exist because it's well documented over the past 70 years, but what I don't believe is that it's so much more dangerous than previous strains.  There is now overwhelming evidence that the numbers are grossly exaggerated.  People are dying with it, but most of them are not dying from it - they're dying of other chronic and pre-existing conditions.  In each of these cases, COVID was being out as the cause of death.  Do you know how many people die each year because of flu in England?  It's about 17,000 and that remains fairly constant, although in 2015 it was more severe and almost 29,000 people died that year. This year, how many people have died from flu so far?  Zero!  Does that mean COVID has cured flu?  There's a similar story for other respiratory conditions.  I have spoken to 6 fairly senior people in the NHS and they all fail to understand the rationale for the current guidance.  They've all been warned however about speaking out, in fact they've been threatened with being suspended if they do.

I am not trying to upset anyone, but I don't think it does any of us any harm to check out the facts of this rather than rely on the small number of people who are feeding the various governments the current lines.  And for the record, I don't want or expect anyone to believe what I'm saying.  In fact quite the opposite.  I'd like others to look into this for themselves rather than relying on what they're being told by the government and the media.

can you explain why 60k more people have died this year than in the last 5 averaged over the same period? 

Interesting debate this... I think it should be raised with the club and debated. The whole SJW movement weeds it's way in to practically every walk of life now it seems. 

Who knows what the outcome will be but this will likely be a hot topic in the game in the years ahead. 

The BLM stuff, well I think like a lot of movements, they start out with good wholehearted intentions and then often become a pawn for a certain ideology or used for personal gain. We saw this with the whole #metoo movement. 

I personally wouldn't like the club to align itself with the BLM movement knowing what is known about them currently, however I don't have a problem with individual players doing what they think is correct. 

I think it's a good opportunity for the club to once again promote the "Everyone anyone" message. That's our message and that's what we promote. 

We're saying all we need to within our own message without having to get dragged into anything else. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

can you explain why 60k more people have died this year than in the last 5 averaged over the same period? 

In October 2019, the prediction was for an 83k increase in deaths for 2020.  There are many reasons for this.  The problem we now have is that there is a knock on effect of deaths which will be caused by the effects of the lockdown (e.g. Lack of cancer screening) and these numbers are what really frighten me.

1 minute ago, Gaffer said:

In October 2019, the prediction was for an 83k increase in deaths for 2020.  There are many reasons for this.  The problem we now have is that there is a knock on effect of deaths which will be caused by the effects of the lockdown (e.g. Lack of cancer screening) and these numbers are what really frighten me.

So you accept there are 60k excess deaths but don't want to talk about them. 

Interesting.