Diversity and Inclusion Charter

1 minute ago, Gaffer said:

In October 2019, the prediction was for an 83k increase in deaths for 2020.  There are many reasons for this.  The problem we now have is that there is a knock on effect of deaths which will be caused by the effects of the lockdown (e.g. Lack of cancer screening) and these numbers are what really frighten me.

Spot on about the cancer screening mate. My mum has it unfortunately and she only had her first drug review in about 6 weeks just the other day. She was on a cocktail that caused her all sorts because it wasn't properly monitored or reviewed like normal. 

32 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I hope this thread lasts forever.

No chance. A vaccine for it will be along any minute. I already have one but I’m waiting until the price goes up. 

Well done GersNet on the freedom of speech front. I posted the same message that started this thread the same day on Follow Follow and they had me banned from the site within ten minutes. A badge I will wear with pride. Kudos to you. I only wanted to start a debate

Edited by Charloch

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

So you accept there are 60k excess deaths but don't want to talk about them. 

Interesting. 

I'm fine to talk about it I feel you want to, but they're not caused by COVID.

2 hours ago, bluedan said:

Spot on about the cancer screening mate. My mum has it unfortunately and she only had her first drug review in about 6 weeks just the other day. She was on a cocktail that caused her all sorts because it wasn't properly monitored or reviewed like normal. 

I'm so sorry to hear that but I completely understand.  This is why I'm so passionate about this issue.  There are three instances in particular that annoy me at the moment:

1.  There are very important people in my life who are not receiving the medical treatment because of this lockdown and subsequent restrictions and it's going to be the cause of them dying.  That is a fact!

2.  There are people who have died and their families are being told the cause of death is COVID when they know it's not.  That might seem a trivial thing to many of you, but to my family its very important that the true cause of death was recorded.  It wasn't, despite many escalations to senior staff and even politicians.  They know what's going on but seem unwilling to challenge it for some reason.

3.  Family and friends have been unable to spend the last few days with loved ones because of these restrictions.  I hope none of you have to suffer the torture of knowing your loved ones suffered and died alone.  That to me is inhumane and something I will never forgive these people for.  And then to restrict who can attend a funeral - only to see hundreds of people being allowed to line the streets in Ireland for an IRA terrorist.  It's sickening.

If anyone has a close friend or relative who either works in a hospital or has to attend one, please ask them what they are seeing.  The hospitals are empty.

4 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Just a coincidence then. Believable 

I'm not sure if that's a question or a statement.  The actuaries have excellent data and have accurately predicted death rates over the past 20 years in particular.  They predicted many more deaths in 2020 but this was before anyone was talking about COVID 19.  They now have the challenge of predicting the devastating effects these restrictions will have on mortality rates in the future.  I've seen some early indications of this assessment and it does really worry me.  I know it worries many people in the know in the NHS but they're not allowed to speak out.  If what we are being told is the truth, why threaten and silence the NHS staff?  Wouldn't you agree that it's worth a closer look and possibly an independent investigation?  Surely that's the least we should ask for?

17 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I don't want to stray too much off topic 

Seriously?

7 hours ago, Gaffer said:

The actuaries have excellent data and have accurately predicted death rates over the past 20 years in particular.  They predicted many more deaths in 2020 but this was before anyone was talking about COVID 19. 

Actuaries will predict all sorts of things depending on what mortality table they pick on that day and they're usually wrong

8 hours ago, Gaffer said:

The hospitals are empty.

Proves that lockdown is working.

There are people who have died and their families are being told the cause of death is COVID when they know it's not.  

There are people who have died whose cause of death hasn't been detailed as Covid bit it probably is. The covid deaths are underestimated.

I'm fine to talk about it I feel you want to, but they're not caused by COVID.

Yes, they are.