Diversity and Inclusion Charter

34 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Yes, right here in Scotland.

As said above, I've heard racist abuse directed at our players from our fans at games. I've witnessed our players being racially abused on social media by opposition fans.

Racism is alive and well and on the rise in Scotland.

So who really gives a shit? I wish it didn't happen but I don't do it, no one I know does it, I don't know anyone who's suffered from it, it's just not part of my world. I don't want racism brought to my door, I don't want anything to do with racists or those who think virtue signalling about it is a good idea. Stop knee bending, stop the hypocrisy and please, can everyone stop fucking going on about it. You never know, it might just go away if we stop resurrecting it every five minutes.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

So who really gives a shit? I wish it didn't happen but I don't do it, no one I know does it, I don't know anyone who's suffered from it, it's just not part of my world. I don't want racism brought to my door, I don't want anything to do with racists or those who think virtue signalling about it is a good idea. Stop knee bending, stop the hypocrisy and please, can everyone stop fucking going on about it. You never know, it might just go away if we stop resurrecting it every five minutes.

With all due respect that is head in the sand mentality. 

Ignore people racially abusing other people and it'll go away - holy fook

The biggest problem is not with BLM but with the groups that have latched on to them.

Folk are getting abused about the colour of their skin....but so are people who are fat or have ginger hair or for their religious beliefs or the team they support or their looks.

Is this country folk are abused almost every day of their lives for one thing or another so i guess what i'm getting at is using someones skin colour to get at them is just another form of bullying.

5 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Being serious for a moment I was saddened to read Forlan's Sisters post about his recent health. 

There's no doubt @forlanssister has had a very challenging time recently, that said he still hasen't missed a game.

Now I really don't consider myself an enthusiastic conspiracy theorist,  but his health and the seeming unrelated global pandemic seems to have synchronised very conveniently.  Despite his regular posts on here blaming the Chinese for everything covidian, I'm seriously beginning to wonder if the evil genius behind lockdown maybe a lot closer to home.

20 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

That's why we can be certain that this thread was started with the very worst of intentions

I don't think that's certain at all but the thread has resulted in a debate, where the comments have mainly been reasonable, so the intention you perceive has been unsuccessful. 

Debate should always be openly encouraged.

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

With all due respect that is head in the sand mentality. 

Ignore people racially abusing other people and it'll go away - holy fook

No, it's simply someone who's sick to death of an incessant, one-sided commentary on racism being pushed down his throat when it has no bearing whatsoever on his life. 

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

No, it's simply someone who's sick to death of an incessant, one-sided commentary on racism being pushed down his throat when it has no bearing whatsoever on his life. 

?

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

CG has repeatedly stated his support is for equality only. Can't see why he is getting grief for this from our fans.

Maybe BLM isn't the answer, but there is a REAL problem that needs urgently addresses and fixed. 

When you have to constantly explain that the gesture means one thing and isn't in support of other issues then perhaps there's an issue with the gesture.

F1 uses a "End racism" message and the drivers wear a black t-shirt that uses the same phrase. Simple, effective and not in support of BLM. 

5 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

When you have to constantly explain that the gesture means one thing and isn't in support of other issues then perhaps there's an issue with the gesture.

F1 uses a "End racism" message and the drivers wear a black t-shirt that uses the same phrase. Simple, effective and not in support of BLM. 

Agreed, but perhaps we should read / listen to Connor or whomever decides to partake in the gesture? 

And it doesn't take away from the fact that CG should not be abused for this, especially from so called Rangers fans

59 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

The club will be led by the players on this. So you can be sure that the club supports it.

Club policy shouldn't be decided upon by the players.

59 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Realistically the club has no option either.

I find that a bit disturbing that organisations can be forced into organisations which could be described as extremist, albeit with some reasonable policies.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

That's why we can be certain that this thread was started with the very worst of intentions.

I disagree, and I'm not sure why some people refuse to engage in discussions as to the nature of BLM.