Diversity and Inclusion Charter

21 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I've seen Goldson's comments that it's "about equality, not politics" but he's making a gesture that supports a political movement. He claims that there's ignorance but perhaps it's him that's being ignorant of (some of) the concerns (although not denying that there are other reasons for some people's opposition to it). and what many think the gesture means.

I'd guess that peer pressure/social media have forced some players into following the herd, and that's not very "democratic". I understand Goldson's reasons for doing it but perhaps he should make a greater effort to understand the views of those who are against the BLM organisation.

Likewise, do the club have a realistic option not to support BLM? I've got no idea what the board think about it, but they don't have an option but to support it, and I'm uncomfortable with that and again it's no really how a "democratic society" should function.

It was interesting to see the F1 drivers wearing anti-racism t-shirts but only Hamilton wore a BLM one and most appeared not to take the knee. 

I don't think you can equate Rangers with Formula 1. FIFA equate to Formula 1, Rangers are a car in it. 

Of course the club have an option. Not everyone feels like they're being railroaded into this BD, many, many people have looked at this and can see the merits of it and accept the sentiment it makes. Judging by Stewart Robertson's statement earlier it suggests the board are comfortable with this. 

Conor Goldson has told you what the phrase means to him and why he's using it. If that's still not good enough explanation for you I don't know what else to say. 

43 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Where was the club's support of Morelos when the reaction of him reporting racism at Celtic Park was Celtic to deny it and issue a statement attacking him? Where was the support on the other occasions when he was racially abused within football grounds? 

Are they only going to do it when another football club isn't involved?

I don't understand the last part of your post. Alfredo was abused by a troll that appeared to be a Celtic fan

I am sure Rangers have supported Alfredo in the past and did release a statement after the victory at Piggery 

Also, if you are in disagreement with this, or any other previous club statements (or non-support) feel free to take it with them - sure they will be delighted to communicate with you.

Edited by CammyF

4 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I really don’t think it’s hard to accept the message that black lives matter and differentiate it from other things that some wrap up in it.

Even when the “some” is the BLM organisation itself. ? You couldn’t make this up. Only the reality is they did make it up.

Everyone I’ve ever seen comment on the issue believes that black lives matter. All lives in fact. The problem many have is using knee-taking and clenched fists that are inextricably associated with a self- confessed Marxist protest organisation. Are we really saying that football players cannot find the wit to protest against perceived discrimination without getting down on their knees? Seriously?

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Even when the “some” is the BLM organisation itself. ? You couldn’t make this up. Only the reality is they did make it up.

Everyone I’ve ever seen comment on the issue believes that black lives matter. All lives in fact. The problem many have is using knee-taking and clenched fists that are inextricably associated with a self- confessed Marxist protest organisation. Are we really saying that football players cannot find the wit to protest against perceived discrimination without getting down on their knees? Seriously?

So given our Manager has taken to his knee and used the fist salute, are we to believe him to be an anti-white, black supremacist, Marxist, statue destroying, Pailistinian supporter, anti-nucular weapon, rioting agitator / supporter? 

Edited by CammyF

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Interesting question; not sure if you can compare it to mathematics. But my point is really that it is a way of looking and analysing the world and really needs a lifetime of study.

Of course it does but at someone else's expense no doubt.

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So given our Manager has taken to his knee and used the fist salute, are we to believe him to be an anti-white, black supremacist, Marxist, statue destroying, Pailistinian supporter, anti-nucular weapon, rioting agitator / supporter? 

Why would you do that? You’re drawing conclusions no one is even suggesting.

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why would you do that? You’re drawing conclusions no one is even suggesting.

Oh plenty are suggesting this - well of CG at least. 

But hey we only bow for the Queen apparently ?

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Marxists will support the BLM despite its inchoate character but I find it interesting that you should have assumed and defined its character when its leadership - or lack of - is still open to question. Then you go on to quote Gramsci who some consider a marxist. What BLM have done is to link racism to capitalist elites, to point out that it is but a tool to maintain control. If you are trying to deny this then you should be more explicit I think. Personally I think the club has done nothing wrong.

I take BLM at their word and assume that what their website indicates as their cardinal aims characterise the nature of the organisation. These aims are explicitly Marxist, specifically neo or cultural-Marxist. The Frankfurt School and those who have followed them have sought through Critical Theory to deconstruct the Western capitalist edifice. They have succeeded not by challenging capitalism - BLM are working hand in glove with corporate America and increasingly the UK (including now Rangers) - but rather by undermining the fundamental cultural institutions that bound Western civilisation together. The family, the nation state/patriotism and Christianity were the bulwarks they had to destroy. The most powerful vehicle for this spirit has been the sexual revolution. Anyone Everyone is an almost perfect synthesis of neo-Marxist axioms. It's ironic that many Rangers fans gave their lives to prevent fascism conquering the United Kingdom. Our generation welcomes it in with a flag and a scarf. There are things you can no longer say in this country. Why is that? Because were functionally under the sway of Marxist political correctness and hate speech laws. Marxism is just fascism with better propaganda. It is fascism. The straight arm salute, the raised fist, it's all the same.