Diversity and Inclusion Charter

15 hours ago, forlanssister said:

You're usually better informed than that.

That's little more than a bunch of ASIL's fellow travellers who still can't accept that the country told them and Corbyn to just f*&k off!

https://order-order.com/2020/05/04/not-independent-activist-stuffed-shadow-sage/

https://order-order.com/tag/independent-sage/

As much as the machinations of Brexit and the approach to Covid-19 are inexorably linked in terms of the key political actors and the absolute shit show with which both are being managed, the criticism of the government's approach is not because of Brexit.

A classic case of playing the man/woman rather than the ball.

18 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Anyway, I just came on to send a couple of private messages and realise I should not have re-engaged.  I've really enjoyed my time on Gersnet.  Hopefully the one thing we do agree on (seeing a successful Rangers team) can be realised this season.  I wish you all and yours the very best.

A disagreement on Covid shouldn't lead to you leaving the site. You said a few incendiary things which I reacted to and also attempted to dispute the arguments that you put forward as I strongly disagree with you on Covid-19, although not necessarily the implications of it on other areas, which I haven't commented on.

We disagree. It happens. We should just put it behind us and move on.

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

As much as the machinations of Brexit and the approach to Covid-19 are inexorably linked in terms of the key political actors and the absolute shit show with which both are being managed, the criticism of the government's approach is not because of Brexit.

A classic case of playing the man/woman rather than the ball.

Show me where I claimed it was because of Brexit.

4 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Show me where I claimed it was because of Brexit.

"That's little more than a bunch of ASIL's fellow travellers who still can't accept that the country told them and Corbyn to just f*&k off!"

Perhaps you didn't say Brexit directly, apologies.

Regardless, the point about playing the man/woman stands.

3 minutes ago, stewarty said:

"That's little more than a bunch of ASIL's fellow travellers who still can't accept that the country told them and Corbyn to just f*&k off!"

Perhaps you didn't say Brexit directly, apologies.

Regardless, the point about playing the man/woman stands.

Oh behave yourself.

For avoidance of doubt ASIL himself has stated he voted for Brexit numerous times.

Those "independent experts" are undoubtedly his fellow travellers and it's his right to travel down that path just as it's my right to travel a different one.

Just now, forlanssister said:

Oh behave yourself.

For avoidance of doubt ASIL himself has stated he voted for Brexit numerous times.

Those "independent experts" are undoubtedly his fellow travellers and it's his right to travel down that path just as it's my right to travel a different one.

Behave yourself! :)  

I don't speak for ASIL, nor did I mention him, so I'm not sure the relevance of insinuating he or the independent SAGE should eff off.   And yes, it was a very Brexity sentiment.  Its not like you've been shy in saying this or similar things in the past.

In any case, did Guido Fawkes offer any analysis of what Independent SAGE have said, or is it just an attempt to smear those who are critical of the UK government?

4 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Behave yourself! :)  

I don't speak for ASIL, nor did I mention him, so I'm not sure the relevance of insinuating he or the independent SAGE should eff off.   And yes, it was a very Brexity sentiment.  Its not like you've been shy in saying this or similar things in the past.

In any case, did Guido Fawkes offer any analysis of what Independent SAGE have said, or is it just an attempt to smear those who are critical of the UK government?

Who is it you're accusing of playing then if not ASIL?

Struggling to see why you're conflating Brexit with this, it's happening get over it.

Follow the links and see for yourself.

Just now, forlanssister said:

Who is it you're accusing of playing then if not ASIL?

Struggling to see why you're conflating Brexit with this, it's happening get over it.

Follow the links and see for yourself.

Who is playing the man rather than the ball?  You and that the Guido article. 

The ball in this case, would be to examine what independent SAGE are saying, compare it to the actual SAGE advice and subsequent government decisions.  It would also be to examine why they were set up, what their aims and objectives are, and to examine what they are actually saying rather than what you assume they are saying.

Regardless of any political views they may hold, they felt the need to set up such a panel and to do the work they are doing because they had significant concerns about the approach this government has taken and the way that the work of SAGE was and continues to be scandalised and politicised.  Some of the concens that led to were based on the lack of transparency of the group's work given how significant it is to the actions the government has taken.

It also took a number of weeks and a lot of media pressure to get SAGE to publish its minutes and guidance,.  Many of SAGE's members did not want to be known publicly for fear of public backlash.   The government itself has been given advice on a number of occasions which it did not act upon for a number of weeks.  An example is the use of face masks/ coverings in public spaces such as shops - something that was recommended weeks and weeks ago, but has only now been adopted by the UK government.   How many lives did that cost in terms of the number of the potential for increasing the spread of the disease?

No matter what way you look at it, any group of scientists that are prepared to put their heads above the parapet, transparently publish their findings and recommendations to enable other people to review and scrutinise their work, must surely be a good thing, no?  Or is it simply that anyone who doesn't agree with the government's approach should fuck off and get over it?