Diversity and Inclusion Charter

How long is the pre match kneeling going to go on for?

Demonstrations of this sort are not necessary at sporting occasions or anywhere else. When theatres are open again will the cast appear on stage before curtain-up and kneel? Likewise musicians at concerts (real ones, not guitar whackers)?

8 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Demonstrations of this sort are not necessary at sporting occasions or anywhere else. When theatres are open again will the cast appear on stage before curtain-up and kneel? Likewise musicians at concerts (real ones, not guitar whackers)?

Think you may be in for a suprise - in my opinion there will be as much, if not more support, in the Arts than there is in Sport. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

in my opinion there will be as much, if not more support, in the Arts

I think you will be right.

The point is, I go to a match or an event to watch or listen to the performance.  The political views of the performers are none of my business. Also what right does a performer or player have to give me a lecture? Or is it ok to assume I am ignorant and prejudiced?

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

In the UK?  

Yes, right here in Scotland.

As said above, I've heard racist abuse directed at our players from our fans at games. I've witnessed our players being racially abused on social media by opposition fans.

Racism is alive and well and on the rise in Scotland.

Edited by CammyF

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Racism is alive and well and on the rise in Scotland

I disagree.  It's easier to spot because of social media, which has a nasty habit of magnifying problems.

Being lectured about white privilege won't improve race relations, in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I think you will be right.

The point is, I go to a match or an event to watch or listen to the performance.  The political views of the performers are none of my business. Also what right does a performer or player have to give me a lecture? Or is it ok to assume I am ignorant and prejudiced?

But it's not political, it's about racism and equality. You are free to support it, not support it, ignore it. 

What you (me and anyone) doesn't have the right to do is abuse the person doing it. 

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I disagree.  It's easier to spot because of social media, which has a nasty habit of magnifying problems.

Being lectured about white privilege won't improve race relations, in my opinion.

Agree to disagree with your 1st point but agree 100% with your 2nd point 

29 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

It will go on for as long as the players want it to.

I support the players if this is what they want to do.

If anybody has a problem with Black Lives Matter then please leave Rangers out of it.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Likewise, do the club have a realistic option not to support BLM? I've got no idea what the board think about it, but they don't have an option but to support it, and I'm uncomfortable with that and again it's no really how a "democratic society" should function.

The club will be led by the players on this. So you can be sure that the club supports it.

Realistically the club has no option either. That's why we can be certain that this thread was started with the very worst of intentions.