Diversity and Inclusion Charter

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Agreed, but perhaps we should read / listen to Connor or whomever decides to partake in the gesture? 

And it doesn't take away from the fact that CG should not be abused for this, especially from so called Rangers fans

I've listened to him and respectfully disagree with his views that there's no political element.

It's like listening to Lewis Hamilton. He's suffered from racism in the past and I respect his rights to stand up against it, but it doesn't mean that I agree with him that an example of racism is that only 4% of children's books have main character who is black, when black people make up 3% of the population.

I totally agree that he shouldn't receive abuse. However there's no reason why a rational discussion can't place on it.

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I've listened to him and respectfully disagree with his views that there's no political element.

It's like listening to Lewis Hamilton. He's suffered from racism in the past and I respect his rights to stand up against it, but it doesn't mean that I agree with him that an example of racism is that only 4% of children's books have main character who is black, when black people make up 3% of the population.

I totally agree that he shouldn't receive abuse. However there's no reason why a rational discussion can't place on it.

With out going back and rereading Goldson's posts, I'm sure he mentions discussions, education ect. 

Said earlier, if any Rangers fan has an issue with our players taking the knee, or raising the first, engage with the club and the player rather than abusing them anonymously on social media - does neither party any good.

I'm one of the few Rangers supporters who would prefer Remembrance Day was kept out of football, unless a match is actually played on 11th November. 

I'm the same with this.

Does anyone think a racist football fan is going to change their views because players have taken the knee?  If anything, I suspect it will further entrench their position.

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

For however long it takes for arseholes to stop racially abusing people

For eternity then.  

35 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Club policy shouldn't be decided upon by the players.

I find that a bit disturbing that organisations can be forced into organisations which could be described as extremist, albeit with some reasonable policies.

I disagree, and I'm not sure why some people refuse to engage in discussions as to the nature of BLM.

I hope you realise that, apart from the manager, the players are the most powerful people at the club.

If the club was foolish enough to act contrary to the players wishes then it would not end well.

What do you even mean by being 'forced into organisations'?

I'm not sure who is refusing to engage with such a discussion.  I am sure that Rangers should be left out of it.

Who has been “abusing” Connor Goldson? Was it a Rangers fan? If so what are the police doing about it? What has it got to do with decent Rangers fans? Rangers is a football club, not a racism campaign. Why are some fans trying to make this Rangers’ business? Whose agenda are they pushing?

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

Who has been “abusing” Connor Goldson?

From what I read, a few people made comments on his Instagram page, most of which questioned his taking the knee and the clenched first - some were reasonably tactful, others less so.

I didn't see anyone giving him racist abuse.