Diversity and Inclusion Charter

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think Rangers has made great strides forward wrt discrimination and as a club should focus on the appropriateness of our existing initiatives in discouraging all forms of discrimination. There’s a danger of Campaigns like Everyone Anyone being lost or diluted in the rush to join an increasingly tarnished bandwagon. It’s understandable that players and staff should want to show support but from now on I feel it should be on the platform of our own excellent initiatives. 

I said elswehere that 'Everyone Anyone' should be broadcast more widely (maybe on the jersey) than just on flash screens at Central Station. It could become synonymous with our club.

13 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

I am on this forum and FF and enjoy most of the banter but do no media platforms like facebook/twitter etc.where it seems easy to incite rebellion towards anything or get away with slanderous/libelous actions without fear of litigation.

With the current BLM crusade it seems to me that prominent figures are trying to push/promote their ideals and possibly have the right to do so,but personally I am sick to the teeth of having these "ideals" rammed down my throat at every opportunity.

Like the majority on here I have watched "the kneel" being shown at every live event and on highlights of the same.If their message has not been conveyed by now it never will so let's get back to what we want most is seeing any sport that we love to watch without the political undertones.

There comes a point when a gesture just becomes meaningless through repetition. I think the knee-taking must now be put to rest. It is a political question now and needs a political solution.

A Rangers statement on this matter has now been released:

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/a-message-from-managing-director-stewart-robertson/2MGSMxIi2GWuSGXXsePlHA

Alfredo Morelos was the victim of racist abuse via social media on Friday evening. This hate crime is now subject of a police investigation.

This is unacceptable, cannot be tolerated and must be condemned by everyone in Scottish football and society as a whole.

Furthermore, as a club, we stand firmly behind our players who have taken a knee prior to recent games. This is a strong stance against racism.

We will work tirelessly to protect our players every single day and will not tolerate the abuse or hatred that some have had to endure in recent days.

To be clear, if you are unable to support our players, regardless of their background, you are not welcome at Ibrox. Rangers is a club for all.

‘Everyone Anyone’, our groundbreaking diversity and inclusion initiative, celebrates its first anniversary on Wednesday. Recent incidents highlight the importance of our campaign which we will continue to drive forward.

Just now, compo said:

No way I can prove this but if we could fast forward a hundred years from now I suspect the same issues will still be around  .

You're probably right (if indeed our species even still exists) but I think we do progress as a society, it just takes time and considered discussion.

20 minutes ago, Charloch said:

You cannot promote equality by advocating for just one ethnic group to the exclusion of others. Marxists understand this perfectly, for their design is not to solve problems but to foment division. It takes a particular kind of genius to foment division by promoting equality. This they have succeeded in doing. Every knee that bows is another brick in the wall of division as it births another radicalised white person who previously had no real sense of racial division. The whole thing has been brilliantly conceived and executed. All Marxism requires to prosper are enough useful idiots to advance the cause without understanding that they are being played. Evidently, we have enough of those. BLM is the antithesis of What Rangers are committed to achieving. That the club can’t see that is regrettable. 

Whereas others just want to create division between Rangers players and Rangers supporters.

Timely and welcome statement from the club. Supports our player who has been a serial victim of racial abuse in this country and supports our players stance against racism. It is now clear it is a stance against racism and not any political statement or gesture. Also supports and pushed the EA platform. 

Edited by CammyF

23 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Wrong. Your understanding of marxism is based on the Sun and Daily Mail. Marxism is a method, a science of dialectics.

Is there a difference between pure marxism and applied marxism?

1 minute ago, Scott7 said:

Is there a difference between pure marxism and applied marxism?

Interesting question; not sure if you can compare it to mathematics. But my point is really that it is a way of looking and analysing the world and really needs a lifetime of study.