Diversity and Inclusion Charter

11 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Clubs don't have to worry about broadcaster in respect of the current situation as Sky/BT and even Auntie do a more than good job of promoting BLM.

Regards toilets I too remember the wall and trough at the back of the Govan terracing as you had to endure the drips from above, as well, from those pissing at the back of the terracing.

Oh, I think if we took some strong stance against supporting black players right to protest for example the broadcast partners wouldn't be happy with us. 

8 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

It's possible to support organisations without agreeing with everything they say or do. 

It's also possible to support anti-racism initiatives and have nothing to do with BLM.

13 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Jeez, BD you're grumpy this morning! 

Yeah, was struggling to log onto Rangers tickets to buy MyGers and it was frustrating me. Managed to get in after trying it 7 other ways and it's now bought. :)

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's also possible to support anti-racism initiatives and have nothing to do with BLM.

That won’t do at all. How then would you let everyone know how virtuous you are? ?

15 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Oh, I think if we took some strong stance against supporting black players right to protest for example the broadcast partners wouldn't be happy with us. 

There's a difference between us preventing black players protesting and the club actively supporting BLM. The club should stick to the Everyone Anyone campaign, Anti-racism without the politics.

It also avoids the element of bullying players into actions they may not be comfortable with.

44 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

26 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

There's a difference between us preventing black players protesting and the club actively supporting BLM. The club should stick to the Everyone Anyone campaign, Anti-racism without the politics.

It also avoids the element of bullying players into actions they may not be comfortable with.

My point is tv companies are thrusting the BLM message down our throats and thanks BD yours is the point I am trying to prove.

22 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I must have missed this caveat.  Where did the club say that?

Regarding the OP, for what it's worth I'm sick of the political stuff becoming conflated with the club.  Equally I'm sick of the increasing restrictions on free speech.  As far as the trans debate is concerned, I have a view that would be very unpopular with all trans people but I don't want our club to get involved in that debate.  Leave that to the politicians and law makers to sort out (although in my opinion this current government mob will screw that up too).  Our club has demonstrated that it can't even get enough support to ask for an enquiry when everyone knew corruption was afoot in our league, so who will care one bit about what our club thinks about non football matters?

As a club and support we have much bigger problems to deal with if this idiotic/dangerous 'social distancing' continues.  I've still not seen or heard anything from the club that suggests we are preparing well for the repercussions if the stadium continues to be empty.  So to worry about who is standing next to us in a toilet is utterly irrelevant to me at this point.

I can see what you are getting at but must disagree about 'social distancing'. Just about every country in the world is now concerned about the spread of the virus, hence why mask-wearing is now to be compulsory in England. If folk had adhered properly to social distancing this move may not have been necessary.

20 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

So can you eliminate racism by defunding the police and closing all prisons? Just two more of BLM's manifesto of madness. 

I don't know where you get this manifesto from; I must have missed the bit about closing prisons. Capitalism maintains itself by fostering division - that's the real point.Racism cannot be stopped just by wishing it away.

Maybe slightly off-topic but the owner of Washington Redskins has said he will change the name - not because of a moral change of heart from him but because he is worried about business backers! I think the word 'redskins' is disparaging; they could name themselves after a native American tribe -Washington Hurons perhaps or Washington Cree?

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

I don't know where you get this manifesto from; I must have missed the bit about closing prisons. Capitalism maintains itself by fostering division - that's the real point.Racism cannot be stopped just by wishing it away.

Racism can't be stopped by wishing capitalism away either,