Rangers or something similar?

Rangers or something similar?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Rangers or something similar?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/07/20 at 11:00

The supporters in the Broomloan stand put on a display at some point over the last few years.  The display mentioned 'Glasgow Rangers'.  A man nearby was explaining that it was a load of rubbish.  He explained that there was no 'Glasgow' in our name.  I was inclined to agree at the time.   Apart from not being called 'Glasgow Rangers' I'm not sure that we have always played in Glasgow.  I think I'm right to say that when we moved to Ibrox park that the site was outside Glasgow until Govan burgh became part of Glasgow.  Even if that is correct it is probably a bit pedantic to point that out.  I also noticed that quite a few of our songs mention 'Glasgow Rangers'.

Which is correct?

Edited by ranger_syntax

I think it is Glasgow Rangers as there are 'Rangers' team all over the world. Though I don't count fellow Americans in the mix, as they are absolutely clueless about anything 'Soccer' for the most part, here in the US we have the New York Rangers (Hockey), and Texas Rangers (Baseball). Even here in Little Rock our soccer team are the Little Rock Rangers.

Over there you guys have Brora Rangers, Queen's Park...and many more.

However, I always say my team are Rangers...and when they say "The Texas Rangers?" I say "NO...THEE Rangers"

Cause there is only one.

31 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I think it is Glasgow Rangers as there are 'Rangers' team all over the world. Though I don't count fellow Americans in the mix, as they are absolutely clueless about anything 'Soccer' for the most part, here in the US we have the New York Rangers (Hockey), and Texas Rangers (Baseball). Even here in Little Rock our soccer team are the Little Rock Rangers.

Over there you guys have Brora Rangers, Queen's Park...and many more.

However, I always say my team are Rangers...and when they say "The Texas Rangers?" I say "NO...THEE Rangers"

Cause there is only one.

Quite confusing. 

Does it need qualification or not?

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Quite confusing. 

Does it need qualification or not?

That was my point...qualification by whom should be your question.

A Glaswegian? Of course not...someone else on the planet..yes.

There are many many 'Rangers' in this world.