Rangers or something similar?

Rangers or something similar?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Rangers or something similar?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/07/20 at 11:00

21 minutes ago, Briton said:

There's only one Rangers, all the others have to qualify which Rangers they are.   It's not a matter of opinion in any case,  it's a matter of fact.  

Really? If you discuss Rangers in North America, people will assume New York or Texas, we'd be way done the list. 

I was always brought up with us being Glasgow Rangers. 

20 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Really? If you discuss Rangers in North America, people will assume New York or Texas, we'd be way done the list. 

Then they'd be wrong and it's irrelevant how you were brought up;  the name of the club is a matter of fact.

7 minutes ago, Briton said:

Then they'd be wrong and it's irrelevant how you were brought up;  the name of the club is a matter of fact.

So all the songs referring  to us as Glasgow Rangers need scrapped and / or rewritten? ?

On 19/07/2020 at 18:16, CammyF said:

So all the songs referring  to us as Glasgow Rangers need scrapped and / or rewritten? ?

I've said before that the add-ons in songs are useful but our name is a matter of fact.  We are (The) Rangers.

Still a bit of a loss as to why people seemingly get annoyed by the city's name. Just help yourself to a quick google search checking out Glasgow Rangers match day programme and you will get stuff from the before the 60s and even 40s saying Rangers, Rangers FC, The Rangers, Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Rangers FC, UK based material or not.

I think I saw a match day info from the 1890s that also said Glasgow Rangers ... and you porbably have to take the Rangers historian over the coals to tell him what the earliest documents say. But honestly, it is a subjective matter and you'd essentially waste your lifetime. Unless, of course, someone is of that ilk that needs to tell everyone the very very-est rightest name of "our" club ...

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Unless, of course, someone is of that ilk that needs to tell everyone the very very-est rightest name of "our" club ...

spacer.png

On 19/07/2020 at 17:49, CammyF said:

I wasn't thinking of the US to be honest - in the UK we shouldn't need the addition to distinguish us from Berwick, Stafford or even QPR.

3 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I imagine that this once in a generation poll will settle the matter

Stewart Robson and the players get to decide all the big issues regarding Rangers.  I have written to Robertson, Jamie Murphy and Glen Kamara to obtain a definitive answer as to how we should refer to the club.

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Stewart Robson and the players get to decide all the big issues regarding Rangers.  I have written to Robertson, Jamie Murphy and Glen Kamara to obtain a definitive answer as to how we should refer to the club.

That's a fair point.

I certainly hope that Glen Kamara is still around to answer your correspondence.