Bristol City want Gerrard

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-earmark-liverpool-legend-4319053https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-earmark-liverpool-legend-4319053

It may be yesterdays news however it seems a couple of "ITK" posters on the Bristol City forum are claiming both parties have expressed interest.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/207712-steven-gerrard/

As DavidFevs will be able to verify (though it's up to him if he wants to!) I told him on Thursday, three days ago, that Gerrard had expressed an interest in the City job so to me it is very interesting that this story has been leaked to the Express, that WE want him, and they are not unreliable when it comes to football coverage.

As I expressed on another thread, he is my number 2 choice after Hughton and I'd be very happy with his appointment. 

Joining the dots, it sounds like a very real possibility. I for one, am excited! 

Both ways, as I posted on page 1 of this thread. I was told of his interest before hearing about ours.

I for one do not believe Gerrard would be at all interested in the Bristol City job - but you just never know.

Thoughts?

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

Getting Bristol City into the top flight would be viewed as a higher achievement than winning the Scottish title with Rangers, in England.

Wouldn't surprise me, although I suspect Gerrard wouldn't want to leave Rangers without winning something.  0 trophies out of 6 is a poor return.

26 minutes ago, craig said:

Cant see it at all.  He has a better chance of winning silverware with us than he does of getting Bristol City promoted.  

I can't either.  I believe he is 100% committed. PLUS...if he dumps Rangers for Bristol City...and that goes tits up...he won't have anywhere to turn. No one will want to touch him...save for some fourth division side...IMHO.

Edited by Malangsob

If Bristol make an offer he would be silly not to go down and talk to them and see what they have to offer he might have a better chance of success out of the west of Scotland bigoted madhouse. 

3 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I can't either.  I believe he is 100% committed. PLUS...if he dumps Rangers for Bristol City...and that goes tits up...he won't have anywhere to turn. No one will want to touch him...save for some fourth division side...IMHO.

West Ham might have him ;) 

Now favourite for the job on some bookmakers sites. 

Someone claimed to have seen him in Bristol on Monday on their forum. They obviously are ignoring the fact that he took training on Monday and Tuesday in Glasgow. ?

Edited by Waltersgotstyle