What is the truth about face masks?

8 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

The burden of proof should be on those who want masks to be worn.

I'd contend the opposite given this is a ravaging global pandemic and the use of masks, even if ineffective, will not cause transmission of the virus - whereas the non-use of masks MIGHT make it easier for the virus to be transmitted.

1 hour ago, craig said:

I'd contend the opposite given this is a ravaging global pandemic and the use of masks, even if ineffective, will not cause transmission of the virus - whereas the non-use of masks MIGHT make it easier for the virus to be transmitted.

You’d have to be pretty selfish to see it any other way.

33 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I had one of these - child size of course.  Worn only once on the sole occasion Hitler directed the Luftwaffe against me personally.

What had you done to piss him off?

On 22/07/2020 at 22:29, craig said:

The American TV news channel CNN reported on March 31 that Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO health emergencies programme, had said at a briefing in Geneva: "There is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit. In fact, there's some evidence to suggest the opposite in the misuse of wearing a mask properly or fitting it properly."

:thinking:

• 4 months later...