A Message From Managing Director Stewart Robertson

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Can you not try to find some common ground? This childish back and forth is boring. 

You can't assume all social media accounts are who they proclaim to be, but it's also reasonable to suggest a minority of Rangers fans will hold questionable views.  

Said so constantly but trolled continually - seems some can't accept it. More than happy to move on - hope others are?

Edited by CammyF

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I know that.  Bill told me to opt for a petrol lawnmower and that went tits up

Don’t blame me, I assumed you knew to put petrol in it. 

2 hours ago, Thinker said:

There's such extreme polarization around this issue it's becoming nearly impossible to discuss it.  (Is it this particular subject, or is it just the world we live in these days?). It seems that you can only see how symmetrical it all is if you're looking at it from the middle ground.

If you criticize a single aspect of the BLM campaign someone from the left will call you a far-right fascist.

If you show support for a single aspect of the BLM campaign someone from the right will call you a far-left Marxist.

Apparently I'm a facist and a racist for not supporting BLM.   I cannot support the looting  rioting and murder which accompanies this organisation.   Seems there are 2 types of blm.   I find it difficult to distinguish between them.

22 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Apparently I'm a facist and a racist for not supporting BLM.   I cannot support the looting  rioting and murder which accompanies this organisation.   Seems there are 2 types of blm.   I find it difficult to distinguish between them.

I became a fascist and a racist when I objected to BLM attempts to re-write or cancel history and shout down free speech. The mainstream media tried to re-educate me that looting is a BLM entitlement and violence a black privilege but i was too far gone to be rehabilitated. 

39 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

At least 2 types, actually. There are various BLM websites that have contradictory stances on politics.

3 hours ago, Thinker said:

Probably a good rule, but clearly, it's a broader problem than the simple examples I gave. Some people are desperate to project meanings onto other people's comments or gestures, when it's obvious (or ought to be) that it wasn't their intention.

Goldson takes a knee as a show of support for a campaign against racism. He clearly states what his intentions are. And yet he's still given a hard time for supporting anti-white racism or anti-capitalist revolutionaries. The meaning of his gesture is the meaning he attached to it.

The thing about public gestures is that other people have an equal right to contextualise such gestures according to their own understanding and interpretation. You can’t make a public political statement and be surprised that others interpret such gestures within their own political framework. If you can’t handle the pushback then don’t play the game. We have as much right to criticise the naivety or otherwise of a gesture as some one has to denounce that criticism. A black power gesture to a Jewish person is a very different thing to a black power gesture to a white man. 

One thing these threads prove is that Black Lives Matters as an organisation and an idea divides. I don’t remember any such furore over Kick It Out. The thing is conceived with the purpose of fomenting division and discord under the banner of anti-racism. It is a kind of genius. We are being played. 

3 minutes ago, Charloch said:

The thing about public gestures is that other people have an equal right to contextualise such gestures according to their own understanding and interpretation. You can’t make a public political statement and be surprised that others interpret such gestures within their own political framework. If you can’t handle the pushback then don’t play the game. We have as much right to criticise the naivety or otherwise of a gesture as some one has to denounce that criticism. A black power gesture to a Jewish person is a very different thing to a black power gesture to a white man. 

Does this include your public gesture of contacting the S.L.O. ?

I imagine that many would interpret that in a most uncharitable way.

10 hours ago, Charloch said:

I can't agree with that. It requires a particularly bloody-minded way of thinking to continue to take offence at a gesture, even after ithe person making that gesture has made it explicitly clear that he didn't mean it in the way that offends you. Goldson has supplied context - he's explained that he wasn't attempting to make a political statement at all. This isn't a case of interpreting what his gesture meant, so much as it is one of people willfully misinterpreting it. It's a mode of thought I'd more readily associate with the "woke" brigade; analogous to: "Even though you didn't intend your statement to sound racist, I've contrived to get upset by it, therefore you're a racist."

Goldson has explained what he meant, and it's not in any way controversial. You're upset by something else that you've decided that he meant, and that he says he didn't mean. I don't expect everyone to stand and cheer him, but there really is no reason for him to be getting a hard time.